Job description / Role
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across North America, Europe, Middle East, North Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, India and Asia Pacific.
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing and directing a team of quantity surveyors that assist with the evaluation and negotiation of construction contractor change orders and claims.
• Setting-up cost control systems.
• Advising on procurement strategy.
• Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
• Preparing timely estimates for construction contract packages.
• Preparing tender documentations.
• Performing procurement and tendering tasks.
• Preparing supporting documentation for monthly reporting to facilitate clients in assessing project financial standing.
• Conducting regular site visits to check and record materials delivered to site, works progress achieved, change orders executed and etc.
• Reviewing the contractors’ payment applications and supplier monthly invoices and participate in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
• Keeping the head informed as to any changes made in the field through coordination with engineers and supervisors.
• Conducting change order meetings to progressively settle change orders with the contractors.
• Ensuring evaluation of change orders be determined in accordance with contract conditions.
• Assisting in settling contractual disputes and claims and extensions of time.
• Finalizing the project account.
• Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
• You are digitally savvy, can build lasting client relationships and lead strong, motivated teams.
• You will have a construction or project management background and be hungry to grow your career and enjoy the opportunities Mace have to offer.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
We invest in our people and provide a strong benefits package including; private medical insurance allowance, professional subscription or membership fee reimbursement, life cover, enhanced parental leave policy and flexibility centred around our social, health and well-being commitment that includes 2 volunteer days a year.
Apply now for a confidential discussion.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.