Job description / Role
Role and Responsibilities;
• Monitor, manage and report all commercial aspects of allocated projects, flagging issues and proposing mitigation actions at the earliest opportunity
• Lead and manage cost reporting of all allocated projects including cost forecasting, anticipated final cost, cost of work done, gross billing and current contract value. .
• Advise the project delivery team on contract changes in a timely manner and recommend appropriate actions to mitigate commercial risks
• Provide effective contract management by overseeing the work of current contractors/ subcontractors to ensure that optimum standards are achieved and value for money are ensured across a range of projects
• Liaise with the Program Director to review, assess and evaluate the contractors' delivery in accordance with the project processes, contractual terms and conditions and commensurate with contractual entitlement
• Responsible for the production of applications for payment/invoices to contractors/ subcontractors in accordance with relevant funding agreements, including supporting documentation as appropriate
• Identify and advise on all commercial risk/ claims
• Provide support when required in the negotiation of all prices under existing contracts/framework agreements
• Deal with claims and variations to level of delegated authority
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying or similar
• Professionally accredited by RICS/CIOB/CICES or the like
• Minimum of 15 years' experience in managing commercial projects in large organisations
• Experience of managing and developing complex contracts and relationship management with vendors
• Highly numerate, with highly developed analytical skills using qualitative and quantitative data
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Minimum 5 years' experience working in International / Middle East environment
• Minimum 5 years' experience on major rail/metro/underground/above and at grade type projects
• Experience working with FIDIC suite of Contracts
About the Company
Origin International is a specialist recruitment company set up to supply highly skilled Engineering and Construction staff throughout the Middle & Far East, and as we are a privately-owned company we are free from some of the political pressures that surround many of our rivals. We have a strong emphasis on client relationships and candidate satisfaction.
We are dedicated to providing the best industry focused recruitment service of temporary, long term and permanent candidates to all roles within the construction and engineering sector.
Placing emphasis on honesty, respect and reliability we build long term relationships with the people and organisations with whom and which we work.
By matching the right person to the right job we take the pain out of recruitment for both our clients and candidates, realising their potential.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Al Marwan Group Holdings