Senior Commercial Specialist
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
Job description / Role
Jobs in Brief:
• Development procurement strategies and plans both for the Programme and various Project(s)
• Ensure that contracts are signed and thereafter managed throughout the duration of the Project(s) in accordance with the Authority’s relevant policies and procedures
• Ensure that the contract administration is properly carried out by the Consultant
• Monitor and report on the performance of contract administration by Consultants
• Ensure and review recommendations when requests for variation, addendum, extension of time, claims etc. are being processed, ensuring that they are in accordance with the Authority’s relevant policies and procedures
• Provide support to the Area Delivery Managers, amongst others, where required, on procurement and contractual matters
• Provide regular progress reports and elevate issues within the Authority
• University degree from a recognized University in an appropriate field such as Project Management, Commercial Management, Construction Management or equivalent.
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
• Professionally qualified in MRICS or MCIPS or equivalent is preferable
• Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Arabic language skills
• Experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region at least 5 years
• Minimum of 15 years post graduate experience with experience in major infrastructure projects or programmes; preference will be given to roads, aviation, structures or rail related experience
• Experience in International contracting mechanisms e.g. FIDIC and Governmental forms
• Experience in the assessment of claims and variations on major infrastructure projects
• Desirable to have experience of working in Qatar or the Gulf region
• Demonstrable track record in the delivery of large multidisciplinary projects
• In-depth knowledge of various project procedures
• A “rounded profile”, comfortable with procurement (all matters up to contract award), formulating contracts & management of post contract administration to ensure that Project(s) are successful delivered in terms of quality, cost and time parameters; the successful candidate will also be able to mobilize people and teams and by their leadership skills lead teams and secure successful deliverables
• Effective in building good working relationships within complex structures, both internally and with various project stakeholders
About the Company
PSTech is a subsidiary of EMFI Group of companies currently registered to operate within State of Qatar.
PSTech brings years of experience in an effort to provide “very best” in Facility Management and Operations & Maintenance Support Services, our personnel can rapidly and actively familiarize themselves with the project requirement, issues & dynamics, PSTech takes all the appropriate steps in order to provide the services in professional manner using latest standard technology & sound project management with all effective and active procedures.
PSTech’s goal is to address specific levels of service for the Operation & Maintenance by developing and implementing customized solutions for Client facilities. Furthermore, we has created a well-trained workforce, along with improved quality, while ultimately driving down Client total related facility costs.
PSTech has the capability to provide the highest quality and proven experience in Quality Management System QMS, These tailored plans assure business continuity as well as reliable and efficient operation of the entire organization. Typically PSTech performs all work possible with its own internal workforce to the extent that it is cost effective and efficient. This philosophy allows PSTech to control the quality of service that is delivered to its clients.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Contracts Engineer
Macdonald and Company
Senior Contract Specialist
Ignite Search & Selection