Job description / Role
Qatar - £144K - £180K / Year
Prospect Health are working closely with the leading government healthcare provider in Qatar. They are seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced Senior Consultant of Orthopaedics to join their team in Doha.
The group looks to build on instilling a culture of excellence and takes pride being the only healthcare system in the world that has gained international accreditation across all 10 of its facilities.
They have suggested that they are open to all subspecialist areas of interest and would look to add this work to your clinical privileges once in Qatar, no doubt a conversation with the current clinical director during interview will help to delineate this and how would affect your job plan moving forward.
Our partner has some of the most advanced surgical suites and theatres in the world and is focused to the provision quality healthcare. This is backed up by their commitment to education and research to remain at the cutting edge.
With this client there is plenty of room for a healthy work life balance as there is plenty of time off to be taken through the year both as part of your accrued annual leave and indeed through national and Islamic holidays that are scattered thought the year.
Qatar has been one of the main locations for British migrants to re-locate to since the mid-1990s. Its tax-free salaries, excellent weather and cosmopolitan capital Doha make it one of the best places in the world to live work and raise a family.
The Senior Consultant is the most senior doctor (apart from the Department Chair and/or Section Head) who practices in a specific specialty and has oversight responsibility for his team of Consultants and junior doctors.
The Senior Consultant is responsible for the care of all patients admitted under their name and for all the clinical decisions made by other doctors under their supervision.
In addition to providing high quality patient care (diagnose, treat, manage and admit patients under his name) as delineated by his clinical privileges, the Senior Consultant works closely with department chair and/or section head on management issues (such as service development, funding, budgets, and staffing), on the teaching and training of junior doctors, and on academic and research priorities.
In essence, the Senior Consultant is required to have professional clinical competence, leadership and management skills.
Research is an integral component to the corporation's strategic aim to become an academic health system. The post holder must be able to contribute on delivering on delivering an integrated strategic vision and planning for clinical, research, education and training which improves the quality of patient care.
Package and Benefits
- Tax free salaries
- Cutting edge facilities and surgical suites
- Accommodation provided
- Interest free loan for a car
- Business class flights for you and the family
- Medical insurance for you and the family
- Educational assistance for up to 3 children up to the age of 18 (contingent on their being educated inside the state of Qatar)
- Indemnity insurance for your clinic
- End of service bonus (replaces NHS pension contributions you might miss)
- 50 days of bookable leave
- 10-12 days of National and Islamic Holidays
- Incremental increase on salary each year.
- Generous CPD allowances.
Essential Educational requirements
- Arab Board of Health Specializations
- USA - The American Board of Medical Specialities (ABMS)
- Canada - Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons (RCPS-C)
- UK - GMC/CCST Specialist Register
- Germany - Fachartz Specialist Certificate
- Sweden - Swedish Board
- Australia and New Zealand - Fellowship from the Royal Australia and New Zealand Colleges
- If you have a specialist certification that is not in this list, please contact us and we will review it against the Qatar Council of Health Practitioners Requirements for licensing.
- Senior Consultants with the above qualifications should have held a Senior Consultant post for at least 1 year, or a period of 6 years consultant experience is required
- Must specialise in reconstructive surgery (corrective osteotomies, lengthening, lazaro)
Soft Skills expected
- Leadership and direction
- Integrity and conviction
- Purpose and direction
- Operational awareness
- Harnessing technology
- Leading people and process change Problem Solving/Decision Making
- Demonstrates ability to apply analytical skill to problem-solve and seek and/or provide advice in ambiguous and dynamic situations.
- Demonstrates initiative and self-awareness in observing, developing, monitoring and evaluating the skills of self and others through corporate and community initiatives.
- Demonstrates initiative and creativity in suggesting ways to improve process efficiency that will result in improving the delivery of patient care services across the corporation.
- Recognizes and accepts accountability for safety and care of patients, colleagues, and general public.
Technical Skills expected
- Specialising in Reconstructive surgery (Corrective osteotomies, lengthening, Lazaro)
- Governance, teaching and learning
- Effective communication, report writing and presentation.
- Ability to persuade, delegate, motivate and influence others
- Management, teamwork, and networking.
- Ability to support, lead and delegate strategic planning initiative.
- Skilled in financial and personnel planning
- Demonstrated knowledge of the concept of illness as a whole and the ability to impart that concept in the teaching of others
- Planning, organising and time management of self and others.
- Science, research and continuous learning.
- Handling complaints, eliciting feedback, and diffusing difficult situations.
- Application of sound judgement in seeking and providing support and advice in a hierarchical structure.
What Happens Next
If you are interested in finding out more about this role please click the 'Apply' button. On submission of the job application form, an email alert is sent to the specialist consultant handling this role to register your interest.
All dialogue with us is in the strictest of confidence, without any obligation and we will NOT send your details to the relevant business without your consent.
About the Company
Our vision is to be the recruitment partner of choice for healthcare professionals worldwide.
You will benefit from the different approach we take to recruitment in the healthcare sector. You will have access to our specialist team of consultants and with their extensive industry knowledge and experience they will provide you with market leading advisory and recruitment service.
As our clients, you will have access to our talent network and with the support of our cutting edge technology we can provide candidates who will positively contribute to your businesses success and quality of care.