Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Job:
• Provides professional contracts management services from project initiation to project handover in line with CLIENT Policy, relevant Procedures and Quality Plan.
• Responsibilities include providing advice during selection of procurement strategy, review and provide input to Tender document, technical and commercial evaluation of tenders, change management, analysis of claims, provide guidance on contract matters to Senior Program Managers or other members of project team.
• Works in close coordination with Legal Department, Supply Chain Management Department Senior Program Managers, Project Team, Contractors and Consultants to ensure that any contract/commercial issues are identified and resolved as soon as possible.
• Assign duties to the contracts management team and monitor their performance and quality of works.
• Generally, handles more than one project at a time with full responsibility for completion and handover. Includes providing proper quality control and adequate supervision to ensure the proper execution of works to the highest standards.
• Provide advice for selection of appropriate procurement strategy based on size, complexity, nature, urgency, and intended risk distribution.
• Conduct detailed review of all tender documents to ensure that the tender documents are in the best interest of CLIENT, and provide required advice and input.
• Coordinate review of tender and contract documents with CLIENT Legal Department when & Respond to tender queries related to contractual aspects.
• Provide advice to the technical team during technical evaluation of tenders with regards to tenderers' compliance with tender requirements and comments on irregularities, omissions and qualifications.
• Provide advice to the technical team in preparation of technical tender clarifications.
• Provide advice on technical acceptance of tenderers and providing support to the technical team in preparation of technical evaluation report.
• Evaluate commercial proposals submitted by the tenderers and analyze contractual and commercial impact arising from deviations/qualifications and non-compliance.
• Prepare commercial clarifications related to deviations/qualifications and noncompliance.
• Participate in negotiation with tenderers regarding withdrawal of qualifications and acceptance of full compliance in coordination with CLIENT Legal and Supply Chain Management departments.
• Provide input to the technical and commercial evaluation reports.
• Conduct detailed review of all draft contract documents to ensure that the tender documents are in the best interest of CLIENT, and provide required advice and input.
• Review and respond to contractors' correspondences related to contractual aspects.
• Provide advice to the Senior Program Manager and Project Management Team in drafting technical correspondences for the purpose of avoiding contractual disputes and claims.
• Review change request and confirm that the proposed scope of change is not part of the original contract scope or scope of any previously issued Variation Orders.
• Review disputes and claims, and provide advice to the Project Team to facilitate settlement of disputes and claims in coordination with CLIENT Legal and Supply Chain Management
• Assist with the Project Handover processes and procedures with input from the Consultants and Contractors ensuring that the business directives and regulations are met via the issuance of the appropriate Completion and Maintenance Certificates.
• Ensure that all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar discipline.
• Chartered Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), or directly equivalent national institution.
• Minimum 15 years’ experience in contract management of the large construction projects particularly in the Middle East.
• Must have experience in developing and controlling healthcare projects from initiation to contract close-out.
• Possesses excellent leadership skills and ability to lead l supervise and motivate a contract management team.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication & negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• The job holder assumes full contract management responsibilities for execution of a wide range and significant and prestigious number of concurrently running Projects.
• Works within the framework of approved corporate policies, procedures and standards, while exercising a high degree of independence in selecting methodologies to perform contract management responsibilities and tasks, and in providing expert advice on a wide variety of contract related issues.
• Evaluate and provide solutions for particular, critical contractual issues.
• Review and recommend resolution of particularly complex and non-routine problem's, or provide viable alternatives.
• Identify contractual risks and anticipated problem to projects, and propose mitigating solutions and actions.
• Review and critically assess a range of options for a given problem, and recommend one acceptable solution from a range of options.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Contracts Manager - Consultancy / Infrastructure
Contracts / Commercial Manager - Main Contractor
Big Fish Recruitment
Contracts Manager - Consultancy
Contracts Manager - Buildings
Senior Commercial Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)