Job description / Role
Linum Consult’s client is currently seeking a Senior Contract Specialist with expertise in Procurement to join their team in Qatar. This is a permanent role.
• Selecting and preparing the adequate tendering and contracting strategy, which ensures the best value for the company’s expenditure following best practice and innovative ideas
• Preparing contractual and commercial aspect of any procurement, support works, and service tender required by projects, in consultation with the Project Managers
• Providing expertise for Tenders’ pre-qualification and processes bid list(s), including any pre-qualification exercises and evaluations required and obtaining relevant management tender board approvals
• Participating in the technical and un-priced commercial evaluation of tenders and then leading the subsequent priced commercial evaluation of technically acceptable offers that includes professional adjustment factors depending on the nature of the job and tender
• Preparing a comprehensive techno-commercial evaluation report and recommendations
• Reviewing, advising and negotiating as part of a team, revised terms, variation order requests, change orders, and claims in coordination with relevant management
• Preparing design calculations and cost estimates for proposed designs in the bidding process
• Providing guidance to the Contracts Specialist
• Bachelor’s degree qualification in Business Administration or Engineering
• At least 4 years’ experience in a similar field, ideally within the civil engineering, infrastructure construction, or transportation industry
• Demonstrable experience in preparing tender and contract documents independently
• Excellent communication skills, particularly in writing reports
• Excellent computer skills especially in MS Office and SAP
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Previous history of working internationally and in the Middle East
Please apply online.
About the Company
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.
Contracts Manager (Camp-based)
The Highfield Company
Contracts Manager - Corporate - Contractor
Contracts Manager (LNG Project)
Contract Manager - Oil & Gas - Contractor
|Saudi Arabia||9 Dec|