Job description / Role
• Assume responsibility and provide leadership representing the department for all contractual and commercial matters related to procurement and contract management of infrastructure
• Projects including roads, bridges, drainage systems, utilities, and buildings
• Pre-tender and tendering activities including tender documents preparation
• Tender evaluation and reporting, Post tender negotiations, and Contract award, for Design, Design and Build, Secondment, and Framework agreements, etc
• Preparation of Preliminary and detailed cost estimates and bills of quantities
• Assessment & processing of Payment applications
• Claims, variations and final contract settlement
• Contract administration works including drafting related Contractual correspondence.
• Preparation of annual financial budget for Department projects
• Lead external & internal coordination pertinent to contractual and commercial matters.
• BSc / BEng degree in related Engineering field from a recognized university.
• Recognized qualifications in Contracts, Law, Claims or related qualification is highly desirable
• CEng,PE,PEng or equivalent Chartership is an advantage
• 15 years of demonstrable relevant experience working in infrastructure projects including roads, bridges, drainage systems, utilities, and buildings.
• Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience with management capacity.
• Experience and knowledge of international and GCC conditions of Engagement/ Contract (e.g.FIDIC,PWA, etc.)
• Proven Knowledge of design codes and construction practices related to infrastructure projects
• Proven Experience in design of infrastructure I building projects
• Experience in procurement, claims and tendering activities (Pre-Tender, tender, and post-tender Stages) for Contracts such as Design, Design and Build, Secondment, Frameworks, etc.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Contracts / Commercial Manager - Main Contractor
Big Fish Recruitment
Subcontracts Manager - Mixed Use
Contracts and Commercial Manager
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Quantity Surveyor - Pre-Contract