Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP is looking for a Senior Contracts Manager who will oversee the execution and administration of complex construction and services contracts.
• Responsible for the entire contractual issues of the projects, reporting, controlling, planning and projects control (Time, & Legalities).
• Reviewing all incoming contractual correspondences from Consultants / Clients / Project Manager/Sub Contractors related to the projects.
• Assist the Project Managers in preparing necessary contractual responses.
• Reviewing and updating management on contractual risks, critical issues and ensuring compliance.
• Identifying, evaluating and submitting all potential variations / claims. Attending meetings and addressing contractual matters with client / consultants and negotiating variations / claims seeking approvals and mitigating any contractual disputes.
• Reviewing project main contract conditions to identify and flag risks / deficiencies during tender stage, review contract conditions, documents and propose corrective actions.
• BSc in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
• Holds an active MRICS Registration (Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors)
• Must have at least 18 years overall post graduate experience with 6 years prime contracts management (including Claims and Disputes) preferably in the Middle East.
• Previous experience in similar capacity with PM/CM or consultancy firms supporting large scale building projects.
• Administration of multiple contracts forms.
• English language proficiency
• Working knowledge of FIDIC and other international standards, pre and post-award contract administration.
• Well versed in interpreting contracts and dealing with variations, conflicts, claims, disputes and other contractual issues.
• Familiar with civil and common law a plus
• Extensive experience with contract administration, negotiation , high value claims, dispute resolution, arbitration.
• Middle East experience preferred
• Ability to work as part of a specialist team and work with minimal supervision.
• Proven ability to perform management capacity.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, report writing and communication skills
• Working knowledge of software typically associated with contract administration.
• Organized, effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.