Job description / Role
- The Senior Staff Consultant is part of the APM professional services practice in BHGE and requires both Reliability Engineering subject matter and PM expertise.
- Responsibilities will include managing customer projects, delivering reliability services, leading training, advising customers on work process and system configuration options.
- Technical and functional aptitude is required in the field of asset management and/or in reliability methodologies such as RCA/RCM/FMEA/RBI/SIS.
- Able to leverage industry experience, equipment knowledge, software know-how, and customer satisfaction skills to deliver world class predictive analytics and monitoring solutions to assigned customer accounts.
- Able to provide reliability consulting in the areas of RCM/FMEA, RBI, reliability analysis and improvement identification.
- Satisfy a customer's maintenance planning requirements by applying practical knowledge of how to implement Maintenance Plans, Maintenance Items, and Task Lists
- Able to translate technical/functional concepts into processes and configuration
- Responsible for the successful implementation of Meridium work processes and products in the customer sites.
- Apply the APM work process to customer opportunities using Meridium products.
- Lead RCM/FMEA facilitation and working with customers to successfully implement these recommendations in their work management system.
- Making sure all the functions and modules are successfully marketed within the client companies as well as successfully installed and used.
- Train the client on the Meridium domain work process, software implementation of the work process and the application of the work process.
- Work to develop relationships with client team members and leverage these relationships to help the client achieve success.
- Assist client project teams by helping define and maintain direction, tactfully preventing clients from taking a "wrong turn".
- Provide unique knowledge to the client through understanding the capabilities of the Meridium applications; understanding the functions of the modules; understanding the various ways to implement our products; learning and understanding their business requirements.
- Accountable for the overall relationship with the client through building relationships; managing client expectations; and understanding goals.
- Accountable for timely and accurate billing
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in lieu.
- Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in lieu.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience working with Reliability Methodologies, APM skills such as FMEA, RCM, RBI, SIS, RCA, etc in the Oil and Gas, Mining or high capital-intensive industry.
- The candidate must have the ability to analyze the data collected, facilitate failure analysis (RCM, FMEA), make recommendations based on the findings and integrate these recommendations into the customers maintenance work management system.
- Experience in facilitation and developing asset strategies and actions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to lead project teams or work as an effective team member
- Track record of developing positive relationships with customers and building trust and credibility by providing high quality advice and solutions
- Proven ability to successfully plan and manage projects to completion
- Ability to manage multiple projects/customers at the same time
- Desire to learn new software and work processes
- Proven ability to analyse complex problems and develop innovative and flexible solutions
- Ability to work effectively within a highly regulated matrix organisation
- Reliability certifications (CRE, CMRP, SSBB, RCM certification, etc.) are highly desirable
- Experience in plant maintenance and/or operations is highly desirable
- Ability to travel internationally. Approximately 50-75% of travel will be required
- Proven track record in successful project execution for reliability improvement initiatives or large CMMS implementations such as SAP PM, Maximo, Indus or other enterprise systems
- CRMP or CRE-ASQ certification (or equivalent)
- Implementation/utilization of various software (CMMS, RCM Software, Reliability Software)
- Exposure to enterprise-level large-scale SOFTWARE applications.
- Experience working in an IT environment or consulting organization.
- Six Sigma Training (Green Belt or Black Belt) and certification
About Us: GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.