Job description / Role
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: cyber security engineer with an analytical mind and a detailed understanding of cybersecurity methodologies. Cyber security engineers are expected to have meticulous attention to detail, outstanding problem-solving skills, work comfortably under pressure, and deliver on tight deadlines. To ensure success, a cyber security engineer must display an excellent understanding of technology infrastructures using Multi-Vendor Firewalls, VPN, SIEM ,SD WAN, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy,Anti-Virus and Security Audits. Top candidates will be comfortable working with a variety of technologies, security problems, and troubleshooting of the network.
Job Responsibilities: (Illustrative)
• Planning, implementing, managing, monitoring, and upgrading security measures for the protection of the organization's data, systems, and networks.
• Troubleshooting security and network problems.
• Responding to all system and/or network security breaches.
• Ensuring that the organization's data and infrastructure are protected by enabling the appropriate security controls.
• Participating in the change management process.
• Testing and identifying network and system vulnerabilities.
• Daily administrative tasks, reporting, and communication with the relevant departments in the organization
MINIMUM ACCEPTABLE TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
• Possession of relevant Degree
• Five (5) years of experience in cyber security domain
Skills & Certifications
• Current CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Security
• Current CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) Security
• Current CCIE Security (desirable*)
• Multi-Vendor Certification of Firewalls, SIEM, Anti-Virus etc.
• Gulf Experience – preferred
About the Company
Since 2010, our team has successfully placed some of the world’s finest graduate to mid and C-level talent in organisations across EMEA and APAC, and it all comes down to our niche approach and understanding of the market place, skill sets and trends.
From our offices in Dubai, Riyadh, London and Singapore, we run a sector specific operation. Meaning we specialise in your industry and are able to completely understand your vision, provide market insights and intelligence, and deliver the best talent to fit seamlessly into your operations.
Senior Networking/IT Specialist
HR Source Consulting
Information Security Officer
IT Manager (Financial Institution)
Stratus Recruitment International