Job description / Role
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking for an experienced Senior Design Engineer – Wet Utilities infrastructure.
The Senior Design Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and enhancing Atkins reputation with our clients and developing effective long term client relationships thus identifying and developing new opportunities for the Group.
The Senior Design Engineer will:
• Prepare schematic and detailed civil engineering designs for property developments and road infrastructure projects.
• Prepare technical and commercial specifications, coordinate with vendors and assist in preparation of Bill of Quantities.
• Assist in preparation of technical proposals for Bids.
• Coordinate with globally remote design teams and flexible for short visits to other Atkins offices globally.
• Assist in coordinating and obtaining approvals from statutory authorities.
• Liaise with site teams and assist in addressing site queries or request for inspection (RFI).
• Ensure quality of design with considerations to value engineering and construction safety.
• Coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams and take ownership from initiation to completion of tasks.
• Share knowledge and mentor team.
The Senior Design Engineer should be:
• MME Grade A Registered Civil Engineer in Qatar.
• Chartered Professional with more than five years’ experience in Qatar is preferred.
• Experienced in design and hydraulic modelling of gravity and pressure networks of all infrastructure wet utilities – drainage, potable water, foul sewer and treated sewage effluent.
• Experienced in preparation of specifications and consultation with suppliers for sewage treatment plants, water reservoirs and pumping stations.
• Collaborative with client, stakeholders, project management and design teams.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).