Job description / Role
We are a creative enterprise of planning, design, engineering + project management professionals. We are committed to resolve complexity and realize opportunity in the way clients and partners develop the world. With a sharp sense of purpose, we take clients from inspiration - through conceptualization - to the realization of design and project delivery in the built environment.
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Discipline Engineer - Highways , to join our award-winning team based in Doha, Qatar.
This critical role will be responsible for providing key technical expertise and input at different stages of multiple projects to ensure the highest technical quality of delivery within specific discipline.
Paramount to success within this varied role will include
- Preparation of highway designs to relevant local standards.
- Leading a team of engineers and designers to develop designs.
- Development of team skills in BIM - i.e. Civil 3D and Infraworks.
- Coordinating internal multi-discipline design teams working on Transportation projects to ensure cost effective, quality and timely input.
- Managing external consultants to ensure cost effective, quality and timely input.
- Preparing Transportation design programs based on detailed work breakdown structures for projects.
- Preparing cost and time based progress reports for design projects.
- Preparing and presenting project reports and presentations for internal and external clients.
- Preparing technical proposals for submission to external parties.
- Preparing cost estimates for infrastructure design projects.
- Developing strong communications and working relationships with colleagues, management, subcontractors, public agencies and clients which support collaborative work practices.
- Ensuring the effective functioning of large/complex and/or multidisciplinary teams by using appropriate interpersonal styles to promote team cohesion and collaboration.
- Managing own continuous development and supporting the development of colleagues.
- Providing feedback and day-to-day coaching to junior staff within this discipline.
- Creating a safety culture within area of responsibility to ensure all work is completed in accordance with KEO health and safety policies.
- Ensuring integration of sustainability principles in all inputs and outputs of teams within area of responsibility.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envisage that you will bring a minimum of 10 years' career experience working in a consultancy environment with at least 5 years' experience working on Qatar projects partnered with a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- You will have demonstrated experience in preparing a wide range of Highways Engineering Schemes in Qatar as well as across the Gulf Region.
- You will have worked as part of a multidisciplinary team providing Highways Design advice and solutions on large scale developments.
- As part of your work, you will have developed technical proposals for a range of different developments and schemes.
- Extensive experience with Ashghal, MOTC and AASHTO Highways Design Standards.
- You will be an Ashghal and MOTC approved engineer.
- You will be a member of a transportation professional institution and working towards professional accreditation of either IEng, CEng or P.E.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to innovatively solve a wide range of transportation problems.
- Ability to work as part of a team, mentoring junior staff.
- Ability to use Microsoft office including PowerPoint and Project.
- Civil 3D experience is essential.
KEO's performance is founded upon integrity, results, innovation, safety and our people. We embrace diversity and recognise its' contribution to client success wherever we work. We are excited to hear how you can partner with our award-winning team and treat all expressions of interest confidentially.
About the Company
KEO is a creative enterprise, where innovation is a way of life. We are uniquely resourced with end-to-end services to take clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to realization of planning, design or project delivery in the built and natural environments. For over 57 years we’ve led with vision, contributing to many of the world’s most ambitious projects, iconic places, remarkable experiences and prosperous communities.
As a highly integrated and agile AEP/PMCM firm, KEO is ranked by ENR in the Top 225 International Design Firms; in the Top 20 International PM/CM Firms; and by World Architecture as 50th largest global architecture firm and #1 Firm in the Middle East Region in their 2021 WAS 100 Survey.
We invite you to join us.