Job description / Role
• Promote & comply with applicable safety instruction and other Company HSE procedures in all activities
• Carry out work in compliance with Company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed Company priorities and objectives, Company standards and procedures and good industry practices
• Treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality
• Apply methods and project procedures to manage the documentation (numbering, workflows, data management, filling plan, dematerialization and archives), both electronic and hard copy, in accordance with NOC specifications / tools and the users’ needs, from the beginning of the project until the documentation is handed over to Field Operations and/or is archived
• To file project correspondence (letters, memos, transmittal notes etc), maintaining PRODOM up-to-date
• Provide PRODOM training and support to all project staff at FEED Engineering location
• To apply a quality check on the documentation issued by Contractor to check if it is compliant with Project procedures/specifications (numbering, properties, pdf parameters and all others aspect related to document quality).
• To participate to meetings when required (clarification, kick off, progress meetings) and to ensure liaison with Contractors document controllers on all matters concerning document control / PRODOM
• Participate to the preparation to compile and receive the FEED Engineering final documentation
• To provide Lead Document Controller with all relevant information needed including documents statistics for weekly and monthly project reporting
• Ensuring that the information is accurate and up to date
• Any other work of a similar nature may be requested by the Lead Document Controller or Company
• To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors
• Document Controller with a strong experience in EDMS specifically PRODOM Documentum software
• Previous experience in oil and gas projects environment in similar position and used to work in a multi-national with at least 4 years’ experience
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing) with sound communication skills.
• Good University Degree from a recognized University
• Good team spirit, communication and reporting skills, well organized, diligent, confidentiality and initiative.
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Al Baddad Capital
Document Controller for a Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE