Job description / Role
Part A: Job Specification
- Technical expertise of electrical generation and distribution systems during commissioning and start up phase
- Technical expertise of LV/MV on distribution boards / switchgear - Schneider LV/MV experience is an advantage
- Technical expertise for UPS / EDG / GTG
- Technical expertise on electrical control systems (PDCS, PMS, Load sharing, Load Shedding etc)
- Review and approve the OTP (operational test procedure) from EPC CTR for all electrical systems -
- Review and approve the completion sequence for greenfield/brownfield both ONSHORE/OFFSHORE from EPC CTR
- Review and comment MCC dossier from EPC
- Review and approve DCC/RFC/RFSU dossier from EPC
- Attendance to FAT / IFAT as per projects requirements
- Assist and review EPC CTR on OTP preparation and execution with spare parts requirements
- Organize the witnessing of the Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities.
- Supervise Process completion activities and maintain good coordination for daily site activities with other parties.
- Initiate and follow up clearance of Punch List, highlight technical problem encountered and provide technical expertise to classify PL category as per criticality and safety aspects.
- Approve the test records and verify updating on PIMS database accordingly.
- Ensure the Red Line Mark-up are done on relevant drawings and documents.
- Permanently liaise with OPS personnel participation for testing and witnessing of the activities.
- Report immediately any unexpected event which may affect the commissioning activities.
- PIMS R4 Knowledge or other completion database experience
Part B: Person Specification - Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor Degree (BSc) in engineering discipline
Knowledge and/or Experience
- Minimum 15 years experience in Commissioning within the Oil and Gas Industry with minimum 5 years as Electrical Completion Lead.
- Experience with major EPC Contractors and fabrication activities in Asia yards.
- Experience in commissioning execution and specially; 6.6 kV switchgear, Electrical 1st Energization, SAT and Operational Test.
Technical and Business Skills
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
- Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
- HSE Understanding (4)
- Quality/Quantity of Work (3)
- Ethics and Integrity (3)
- Planning and Organizing (4)
- Trust and Empowerment (4)
- Initiative/Commitment (3)
- Teamwork/Supporting Others (4)
- Interpersonal Skills (4)
- Communication and Information Sharing (4)
- Service Orientation (3)
- Innovation (3)
- Problem Solving (4)
- Job Knowledge (4)
- Supervising and Coaching Others (4)
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Abdullah A. AlMoosa Enterprises
Electrical Project Coordinator (Fixed/Floating Vessels)
Electrical Project Coordinator
Senior Electrical Engineer - Site Supervision