Job description / Role
• Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality and in a cost-effective manner
• Support Project Managers with managing client relations and expectations, as needed
• Support Project Managers with responding to client clarifications on technical and contractual issues, as needed
• Support Project Managers with organizing inspections by third parties, as needed
• Ensure client satisfaction with construction supervision services
• Follow up with the Contractor to receive all contract documents prior to construction commencement.
• Review the documents with the Contractor and forward any RFI (Request for Information) to the Project Manager.
• Attend internal and external project kick-off meetings as requested by the Project Manager with clients and contractors to plan commencement of works
• Prepare the breakdown of all items on the BOQ, taking into consideration materials cost, testing commissioning,
• Follow up with the Contractor for copies of all documents that have been approved by the authorities
• Review material submittals and verify that they are abiding by DEC standards, specifications and local rules, codes and regulations
• Review all shop drawings submitted by the contractor and ensure that all details are included. Forward approval to Contractor
• Conduct a site inspection to ensure that the works are carried out as per the approved shop drawings
• Prepare regular progress reports for review by the Project Manager.
• Supervise the filing and archiving of supervision files
• Support the Project Manager in attending to correspondence letters
• Upload relevant deliverables, such as drawings, specifications, price lists, etc., into the knowledge repository as per corporate policies and procedures
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
UPDA Registered Engineer – Grade A
Understanding of international engineering standards and codes
Good interpersonal and leadership skills
Strong communication skills
Good planning and organization skills
Strong attention to details
Strong time management skills
Experience Required to Execute this Role10+ years of experience in a construction / Demonstrated experience with developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
At least 5+ years of experience in an engineering function in a reputed consulting firm.
Experience within the Middle East
About the Company
Dara Engineering Consultants was founded in 2000 and it has become one of the leading consultancy firms in Qatar with Great A classification under the Professional Consultants Committee.
Dara is having highly specialized teams in Architectural, Interior Design, Landscape Architectural, Urban Planning, Quantity Survey, Cost Control, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Construction management of various kinds of projects.
Dara has specialty in designing various types of project such as Hospitality, Educational Institution, Sports facilities, Residential Developments, Commercial Developments, Offices, Malls, Hospitals & Health Organizations, Cooperative Buildings and High Rise Buildings.