Job description / Role
• Review of consultants design proposals, technical evaluation of projects, monitor the work of third party consultants and Electrical Engineering contractors for compliance and adherence to QPM and Kahramaa standards from a design perspective.
• Review and approve complete building permit documents and drawings (registration, planning, civil, installation, scheme) and Smart meters material of contracted and developers consultants for all building permit submission to ensure that it is in line with QPM Master plan and KM regulations.
• Work in close collaboration with property management head, engineers, project managers and other team members to ensure ongoing projects are in line with QPM Engineering and load requirement.
• Direct, monitor and regulate activities of contracted consultants and developers consultants engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents to ensure adherence to QPM project concept, civil defense, and Kahramaa regulation.
• Conduct periodic on site observation of work and monitor compliance with quality agreements and building plans.( No change )
• Interface regularly with the Management, Contract Management and Project Management internal teams to provide electrical design input throughout the design and construction phases.
• Sound understanding for Electrical infrastructure network within QPM in addition to distribution substation.
• Ensure that the electrical design is in line with any requirements of the local regulatory authorities.
• Review proposals regarding system design, installation, specifications, materials, and equipment to ensure compliance with QPM expectations and the regulations for the state of Qatar.
• Review proposals regarding system design, installation specs to ensure compliance with regulations of the state of Qatar.
• Provide guidance to contracted architects/electrical engineers & consultants to determine functional and spatial requirements of Electrical systems.
• Conduct periodic on-site observation of work during installation to monitor compliance with quality expected and approved building plans in coordination with control section team.
• Internal: To communicate/collaborate with the Management, Contract Management and Project Management internal teams.
• External: To work/coordinate with government agencies and private company such as KAHRAMAA, PWA, QCDD, GORD.
• 12+ years of progressive relevant experience in similar scale and complexity of projects with registration from MMUP
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognised University.
• Ideal candidate will be working in a PMC organisation currently or have worked within a Consultancy during their career.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Site Electrical Engineer
Dara Engineering Consultants
Electrical Site Engineer
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
A Leading Energy And Construction Company In The UAE
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jun|
Solar Project - Electrical Installation Engineer (Wind and Solar)
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited