Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing and commenting on design consultant’s design and contractor’s design submittals for acceptability, compliance and incorporation of comments from client, end-user and stakeholder.
• Inspecting permanent works executed by the contractor on-site and provide commentary detailing any deficiencies, non-conformance and necessary corrective actions.
• Reviewing and commenting on consultant’s submissions for concept design, preliminary design and detailed design.
• Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
• Reviewing and commenting on contractor’s shop drawings, RFI and other contractual submittals.
• Performing and providing a technical and commercial review or supports to the client.
• Liaising, coordinating, directing and monitoring the activities of PM/CM, design consultants, contractors, suppliers, direct labour and materials and etc.
• Liaising with end-user, outside agencies and stakeholders to ensure design meet their requirements.
• Liaising with utility agencies to ensure their requirements are adhered to by consultants.
• Following-up on approvals from outside agencies.
• Reviewing change orders and provide input to the client.
• Monitoring the construction works and provide input to the client.
• Reviewing the operations and maintenance manuals and related documents.
• Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
• Managing testing and commissioning, project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of the work, contract vendor closeout and handover to airport operational readiness (AOR) team for airport operation.
• Performing any other project related duties and responsibilities as stipulated in the agreement.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• A recognised degree in engineering in the required field of expertise.
• Registered member of recognise professional institution.
• Minimum 15 years of formal engineering training in the design, construction and operational support of baggage handling systems in airports.
• Minimum 10 years professional experience in baggage handling systems for large international airport projects.
• Minimum 5 years working in/for the company.
• Knowledge of baggage handling systems, construction, materials, other systems and trade practices.
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
Rewards and recognition
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
• Full tax-free salary package that includes basic salary.
• Full private medical cover.
• Other benefits as per the Qatar Labour Law.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Senior Engineer - Security
Central Asia Development Group (CADG)
Head of Quality and Inspection (Airport)
Civil Engineer - Facilities Management
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar