Job description / Role
Mott MacDonald is a £1.2 billion management, engineering and development consultancy with 16,000 staff and a global reach spanning six continents. Our network of 180 principal offices in 140 countries gives us local market insight backed by world class expertise to deliver excellence for every client.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Mott MacDonald is currently working on a large diameter tunnelling project which involves an underground pump station and sea outfall. We require a Mechanical Engineer to oversee all mechanical components to be installed on the 19.7m3/s pumping station Hydraulics Engineer to support. This role will play a pivotal role in the design review team.
- Review the contractors concept design submissions for suitability and compatibility with the requirements of the specification.
- Knowledge of large capacity submersible pumps operating at around 2 cubic meters capacity and control gates
- Deep hydraulic primary control structures such as roller gates and penstocks
- Design, Installation and operational knowledge of large pumping station mechanical components
Essential Candidate Requirements:
- Minimum 15 years' demonstrable experience, of which 5 years as a Manager/ Technical lead in a design management capacity of similar works;
- Must have experience in managing, reviewing and approving of design documents and drawings associated with the screening and transfer of flows in deep stormwater/sewerage pumping stations and other associated process type buildings;
- Must have excellent communication skills and experience of large scale project delivery and design team management;
- They shall be able to demonstrate the following:
- Deep well storming water pumping station design;
- Design for mechanical plant (pumps, screens, cranes, valves);
- Pipe line design and hydraulic calculations;
- Peer review mechanical contract documents, calculations & reports;
- Detailed knowledge of mechanical specifications and datasheets;
- Detailed knowledge of pumping station operation and maintenance.
- Detailed knowledge of testing and commissioning (FAT & SAT).
In Mott MacDonald, we have a strong policy ethical behaviour and expect the highest standards of ethical practice. These are at the core of our corporate values hence do not engage in any aspects of bribery or corrupt practice. As such, we expect staff must always act:
- With integrity
- With due skill, care and diligence
- In good faith, and
- In compliance with all applicable laws
- Ability to relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Leadership and/or managerial experience along with mentoring skills
- Ensure MacDonald HSE policies are implemented and adhered in every activity
- Sound knowledge of professional and international standards
We thank you for your interest in this position and would like to inform you only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the Company
The Mott MacDonald Group is a diverse management, engineering and development consultancy delivering solutions for public and private clients world-wide.
Mott MacDonald's uniquely diverse 1 billion global consultancy works across 12 core business areas.
As one of the world's largest employee-owned companies with over 14,000 staff, we have principal offices in nearly 50 countries and projects in 140.