Job description / Role
- Responsible for planning and directing the mechanical, electrical and plumbing activities for QPM projects from initial planning, conceptualization to final execution and handing over to Real Estate Operations team.
- Work closely with the Director - Technical Services to develop and implement policies, standards, and procedures for engineering works at QPM.
- Develop working templates for establishing and tracking site MEP requirements, technical specifications and cost estimations, resource requirements etc., under the guidance of Director - Technical Services.
- Assess project feasibility by analysing resource needs including materials and manpower to ensure that projects remain as per specifications.
- Work with the project execution team to establish key performance indicators for critical MEP parameters and set up evaluation and selection guidelines for subcontractors.
- Coordinate and supervise the overall integration of mechanical, electrical and plumbing for all capital projects at QPM.
- Monitor all technical aspects of the project design to ensure safety and quality compliance.
- Oversee the progress of construction work while resolving day-to-day technical issues to ensure successful completion of projects within established budget and time.
- Advise and monitor onsite engineers for MEP work such as installation of power Sub Station and Distribution works, UPS, Air conditioning, BMS systems, Lifts, Fire hydrant & protection system, water distribution system, sewerage systems and other MEP activities as required.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues within the department and externally, to solve problems related to MEP works during development & operations.
- Maintain contact with end-users to obtain requirements and ascertain satisfaction with project progress.
- Develop guidelines and systems for reporting from project sites to help onsite MEP Engineers and track project costs on, while preserving project quality.
- Maintain strong working relationships with contractors, sub-contractors and suppliers for smooth execution of the project.
- Guide and mentor technical support staff and direct the activities of contractors and sub-contractors.
- Establish and maintain frequent inter-organizational contact and take a lead role (sometimes cross-functional) for successful completion of the task.
- Develop and implement programs to improve sustainability or reduce environmental impacts of engineering or architecture activities and operations.
- Assist in the testing and commissioning of MEP equipment and oversee the review and approval process for all mechanical technical submittals.
- Monitor to ensure completion of post-construction processes as per standard procedures
- Formulate and implement pre-commissioning and commissioning plans while assisting with the delivery of these procedures from design to post construction stages of the project.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as reviewing or writing reports, enforcing rules, or purchasing of materials or services.
- Conduct frequent site visits to ensure adequate quality control is maintained.
- Define standardized processes to address all MEP site related issues, problems and disputes and address client concerns.
- Familiarize, understand and implement QPM health, safety, and environment policy, procedures, legal regulations and objectives applicable to areas of responsibility.
- If required, liaise and maintain good working relations with the Government authorities to ensure timely completion of QPM projects.
- Implement and recommend improvements to MEP engineering practices, guidelines and controls so that all relevant procedural requirements are fulfilled for delivering quality solutions to customers.
- Stay abreast of developments, trends and issues in the MEP discipline and implement best practices from the industry, as required.
- Prepare and submit reports on the project status and highlight any new initiatives to the Director - Technical Services.
- Perform any other ad hoc duties relevant to the role as assigned by the Director -Technical Services as per business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or any related discipline is required.
- Master’s degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or any related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience preferably in a construction and / or Real Estate industry.
- Knowledge of practical application of engineering science and technology to include principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment handling.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles involved in production of precise technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
- Knowledge of machines and tools and their uses, repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of business management principles such as strategic planning, resource allocation, coordination with people and resources.
- Knowledge of relevant codes & standards, government regulations as applicable.
- Knowledge of materials, methods and the tools involved in construction or repairs.
- Knowledge and familiarity with computer aided engineering design tools
- Ability to understand engineering data and identify information.
- Skills in engineering programs related to MEP engineering.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English is required.
- Arabic skills will be preferred.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
MEP Coordinator - Immediate
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||13 Sep|
Head of MEP - Contractor
|Abu Dhabi||15 Sep|
Electrical Project Engineer
MAYKS HR Consulting