Job description / Role
• Provide support to the Area Delivery Managers where required upon Engineering
• Responsible for providing feedback regarding project progress, deviations, changes and ensuring that the projects are delivered to Ashghal Standards
• Handover the site (possession of site), Pre-contract meeting (kick-off), and ROs and approvals officially to the Consultant
• Monitoring (after liaising with traffic unit) traffic diversions and ensure it is effective and safe
• Ensures that a quality control, safety plan compliance with QCS & Ashghal
• Inspect construction sites on a periodical basis to ensure conformance to design specifications and adherence to quality Interprets, explains and enforces regulations and policies, confer with construction regarding possible changes to plans and problem resolution.
• Ensures that consultants and contractors produce regular reports on damages, accidents, delays, bad weather or emergencies
• Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects
• Apply international design standards across various projects
• University degree from a recognized university in an appropriate field such as Engineering or Architecture or equivalent. Master’s degree in a relevant field is an advantage.
• Evidence of suitable professional qualification CEng or equivalent is preferable
• Minimum of 15 years post graduate experience with experience in major infrastructure projects
• Desirable to have experience in working with and within government agencies or clients side generally at a senior level
• Experience of technical reviews, technical design software, design coordination
• Experience of working in Qatar and / or the Gulf region
• Working experience of Design and Build project development and delivery and the ability to understand and review designs on Qatar Review Design System
• Reviewing submitted designs and coordinate with PWA Design department to obtain approvals before implementation.
• Following up and coordinating with the various stakeholders on Qatar Review Design System
• Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken
• Driver’s License
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.