Job description / Role
In this role you will be mitigating environmental concerns such as contaminated soil; abandoned underground storage tanks (USTs), asbestos pipe, railroad ties, and wells; and archeological findings or impacts to cultural resources. The key to your success will be your ability to help our client execute mitigation strategies in a fiscally responsible manner to assure compliance with local, state and Qatar regulations, schedule performance, and community safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review the environmental and sustainability data and contributing to the preparation of various environmental reports that are submitted to the client and regulatory agencies.
• Extract engineering information from CAD drawings. Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
• Support the construction teams in minimizing impact of soil contamination or construction activities (dust control, construction water disposal, noise etc.).
• Complete a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes.
• Work on EIAs, CEMPs, environmental audits
• Frequently interface with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
• Prepare and issue specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
• Manage the environmental permit processes such as storm waters, infrastructure, marine and petroleum impacted projects.
• Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree in Environmental Engineering or equivalent from an accredited institution
• At least 10 years of related Work Experience
• Must be a Qatar Registered Engineer
• Ability to professionally and effectively communicate both orally and in writing both in Arabic and English.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.