This position is closed or expired.
See other HSE jobs
Senior Environmental Scientist
URS Qatar and URS Abu Dhabi have two openings for Senior Environmental Scientists to join the Environmental Group in either of the respective offices. These positions will involve working on a wide range of challenging and interesting projects which are predominately oil and gas related.
Responsibilities / Objectives
Be part of the environmental team and support in the following roles/areas:
• Deliver Environmental Science related services to our clients that are on time and on budget.
• This work will include and will draw on skills in site assessments (covering for e.g. soil, noise, and groundwater issues), Environmental Impact Assessments, risk assessment and terrestrial ecology; shall also help the marine team as required.
• Write and review technical reports (e.g. environmental baseline reports, Environmental Impact Assessment studies, Environmental Management Plans).
• Contribute towards technical and commercial proposals.
• Manage efficiently 100 KUSD and + projects.
• Be proactive for HSE management of projects.
• Conduct fieldwork supervision.
• ISO14001 skills are necessary.
• Work closely with clients, focus on quality with the objective of satisfying the agreed scope of work and project solutions, and respond flexibly to changing client and project needs and maintain regular liaison.
• Communicate effectively with office and other team project personnel.
• Develop technical and professional expertise.
• Compile, process, analyze and interpret data.
• Write and prepare proposals including budgetary estimates and schedules for projects.
• Respond flexibly to changing client and project needs and maintain regular liaison with your supervisor.
• Business development to help to maintain and to grow the environmental sciences business line.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The Environmental Scientist should have as a minimum:
• MSc In Environmental sciences.
• 8-10 years experience with an environmental consultancy
Experience with Oil & Gas clients
• Proficient in the use of basic IT software including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Other skills, qualities, and credentials that are desirable include:
• Professional registration and/or certification
• Experience in field studies
• Experience with EIA
The Environmental Scientist will be expected to complete the requirements to become a URS Certified Project Manager within 18 months after employment.
About the Company
URS Corporation is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a full range of program management; planning, design and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services for power, infrastructure, industrial and commercial, and federal projects and programs.