Job description / Role
Under the supervision of the Estimation Manager, the Estimation Engineer is responsible for the preparation of tenders and evaluating bid specifications and drawings. He has to predict the cost of future construction projects, analyzes and compiles data on each factor that may have an influence on costs.
• Develop a full understanding of company estimating policies and procedures, and company standards and comply with these at all times.
• Work on estimate types including: conceptual, negotiated, hard bid; and from varying levels of design documents from conceptual only to highly detailed.
• Successfully utilize estimating systems and software for the completion of estimates (e.g. Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff, Candy).
• Coordinate estimating efforts with other members of the company’s estimating staff and operations staff as required.
• Receives tenders and prepares the bid package.
• Reviews and assesses tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and correct.
• Assesses the type of tender and closing date of tender to determinate prioritization of all tenders.
• Studies work as mentioned in the tendering document by carefully reading plans in conjunction with specifications, BOQ and tender and contractual requirements for a complete understanding of the Project scope.
• review and prepare the Tender brief which provide the summary information of the Tender.
• Prepare the preliminary estimate for the project using available historical data and including Direct and Indirect cost.
QAR 25,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• BS degree a field such as: Construction Management or Civil Engineering.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience including a combination of estimating; and project engineering and/or project supervision/management.
• Knowledgeable of the local market (at least 3 years Qatar experience)
• Professional Skills, in cost estimating, RFQ preparation, scheduling, contract negotiations, and presentations.
• Candidates will be technology literate and proficient in the Microsoft environment (Excel, Word, Outlook) and estimating software platforms especially Candy, drawing software Autocad and Revit is considered as a plus.
About the Company
Ignite Search & Selection is a leading Recruitment Agency in the Middle East. Ignite's team of specialist recruiters now works across a range of sectors including Legal, Digital/Technology, Retail/FMCG, Construction and Engineering.
We pride ourselves on given both clients and candidates expert market knowledge in our chosen sectors. We value getting a detailed understanding of our clients and candidates expectations to find the perfect fit for all parties.
Senior Engineer, Civil
Qatar Project Management (QPM)
Senior Civil Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||28 Sep|
Civil Site Engineer
Paris Group International
Project Engineer - Construction
Pivot Engineering & General Contracting Company
|Abu Dhabi||31 Oct|