Job description / Role
Senior Estimator (Civils) (UPDA Certified Grade A)
QR Negotiable Tax Free Package
Digby Morris' client is a highly respected employer in the Qatari market. A privately owned main contractor which employs about 5000 employees entirely in Doha, the company has been operating for about 30 years and has a turnover in the region of $600m per annum. It is largely involved in traditional D&B construction projects including hotels and high rise commercial projects as well as residential and industrial projects.
The essential duties of the Senior Estimator are to develop and present accurate and complete estimates based on preliminary and final designs which will provide our customers with high quality solutions at the most competitive cost.
Role & Responsibilities
• Develop a full understanding of company estimating policies and procedures, and company standards and comply with these at all times.
• Work on estimate types including: conceptual, negotiated, hard bid; and from varying levels of design documents from conceptual only to highly detailed.
• Successfully utilize estimating systems and software for the completion of estimates (e.g. Timberline, On-Screen Takeoff, Candy).
• Coordinate estimating efforts with other members of the company’s estimating staff and operations staff as required.
• Read, understand, and utilize mechanical, electrical, civil, structural and architectural drawings as key components of the estimating process.
• Identify scope of work, perform quantity takeoffs, and prepare cost estimates from various levels of design
• Solicit quotations from material vendors and subcontractors, evaluate responses and make recommendations. Complete buy out process of subcontractor proposals when required.
• Quality proposal writing and presentations to describe the proposed solution and respond to requirements. Provide written text to illustrate the understanding of the requirements and the plan designed to achieve the owner’s goals.
• Develop innovative suggestions and methods for completing projects to enhance project’s effectiveness and overall financial benefits to all parties.
• Successful turnover and continued involvement with other members of the estimating staff as well as the company’s operations staff.
• Ensure estimates are complete, well organized and presentable in a quality format for review by the estimating and project teams.
• Work with minimal direction, manage time to meet tight project schedule deadlines and successfully complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Work with professionalism at all times including with: Supervisor, peers in the department, others within the company, and all external contacts including subcontractors, material contractors, owner’s representatives, etc.
• Should be UPDA Certified
• BS degree would be in a field such as: Construction Management or Engineering (Civil, Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, or Architectural) .
• Minimum 10 years’ experience including a combination of estimating; and project engineering and/or project supervision/management.
• Knowledgeable of the local market ( at least 3 years Doha experience )
• Professional Skills, in cost estimating, RFQ preparation, scheduling, contract negotiations, and presentations.
• Candidates will be technology literate and proficient in the Microsoft environment (Excel, Word, Outlook) and estimating software platforms.
• Experience with Timberline and/or On-Screen Takeoff estimating software is a plus. Proposal writing experience is also a plus.
• Communicates effectively in both oral and written English general and technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing documents and reports.
• The position may require significant interaction with other functional areas within the company, various types and levels of employees, and third parties; and should therefore possess good interpersonal and customer service skills.
About the Company
Digby Morris one of the first choice recruitment consultancies operating within the property and construction industry. Offering expertise in executive search & selection, contingency recruitment, interim management and contract placements as well as a comprehensive range of specialist consulting services, we understand that every clients requirement is different and tailor each project to our clients\\' needs.
We specialise solely in the placement of property and construction professionals from graduates to senior managers, partners and main board directors. To date our clients have included:
- Private Practices
- Leisure Operators
- Financial Institutions
- House Builders
Senior Estimator (Main Contractor) Civil
Immediate - Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor - British Cost Consultancy - MRICS
Ignite Search & Selection
Quantity Surveyor (Infrastructure)
|Abu Dhabi||25 Mar|