Job description / Role
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Senior Facilities Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a long-term basis. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or project procedures, maintaining Safety and Quality within the manhour, cost and project schedule targets.
Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and greenfield opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- Champions both Wood and client Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality cultures. Leads by example in 'raising the shield', demonstrating the 'courage to intervene'.
- Ensures that procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety and quality is achieved in all associated work
- Supports delivery of project and facilities excellence in support of the Project and Engineering Managers on assigned project facilities scopes
- Takes ownership of assigned project scope and activities, ensuring timely delivery to the satisfaction of both internal and external customers in accordance with the applicable procedures, work practices, specifications and standards
- May be appointed as the Proposal, Study or Project Manager with guidance from more senior management for small to medium sized scopes of work
- Coordinates activities, collaborating with the Lead Engineers, engineering disciplines and supporting departments to ensure tender and/or project scopes are correctly interpreted and deadlines met with
- Management and coordination of multidiscipline engineeering facilities scope, inputs and deliverables across multiple geographic locations including specialist and high-volume engineering facilities centres
- Ensures that the Engineering facilities disciplines comply strictly with the contract and scope of work in completing project activities
- Ensures the quality of project and engineering facilities deliverables before issue to customer, taking responsibility for the approval of key deliverables as required
- Takes responsibility for the coordination and development of key project and multi-discipline deliverables such as the Project Execution Plan, Project Plans / Procedures, Basis of Design, Subcontract Scopes of Work, Design Reviews, Study Reports, Project Trackers / Lists and project plans
- May be required to take responsibility of other key multi-discipline deliverables such as the equipment list and weight control schedule
- Coordinates the development of method statements, deliverable lists, manhours, CTRs and risk in support of both tender and project scopes
- Takes responsibility for schedule, manhours, key milestones and coordination of medium sized engineering facilities projects in accordance with the established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the Wood and the customer
- Ensures that the project is delivered in the correct sequence, highlighting and managing risk if works are completed out of sequence
- Expected to be fully conversant with the scope of work assigned, managing project action registers and risk. Is familiar with and across technical and project issues
- Chairs and minutes technical and project review meetings with customers, vendors, subcontractors and other third parties, managing technical and project issues through to completion
- Takes a leading role in project reviews, design reviews and audits to ensure that they are completed as per Wood and customer expectations
- Holds and minutes weekly progress meetings with discipline engineers, ensuring that ownership is assigned and actions are driven to closure in a timely manner
- When delegated, acts as the day-to-day contact and communication with the client to maintain client satisfaction
- Manages interfaces with third parties to ensure availability of input for completion of engineering facilities deliverables in accordance with the project schedule
- Leads site surveys and data gathering activities for brownfield scope of work, taking responsibility for development of the site survey report
- Support the project facilities and engineering managers in flagging project and technical risks, taking responsibility for related actions and close out of such
Skills / Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in an engineering discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Chartered Engineer is prefer but not essential.
- Ideally candidates will have further education and certification in the field of Project Management, PMP or APM for example
- Must have good working experience of the Microsoft Office applications in the development of documents, presentations, trackers and schedules etc
- Is a self-motivated, proactive and highly driven individual with high standards, attention to detail and capable of demonstrating initiative
- High level of commercial aptitude and awareness. Should be able to interpret and follow the Contract whilst raising potential delays, change and commercial matters to the Project and Engineering Managers in good time
- Must be an excellent communicator, being a leader in the success of multi-discipline team delivery. Motivates teams in a positive manner to ensure a proactive approach in the delivery of timely solutions
- Highly experienced with risk and change management across the full project lifecycle, ideally having exposure to both design and site works. Highlights and quantifies change when it impacts the work
- Must have excellent multidiscipline coordination skills with experience of resolving complex technical issues and conflict, whilst being able to prioritise and plan work logically
- Experience of working in a variety of projects and contract scopes, including greenfield and brownfield, on and offshore, Pre-FEED through to EPC, with a focus on offshore upstream.
- Experienced across multiple project phases such as Concept/Feasibility, Pre-FEED, FEED, Detailed Design, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Star-Up and Warrantee
- Site experience in the Construction and Commissioning phase is desirable and would be of benefit
- Experienced with project design and technical reviews, such as HAZID, P&ID, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, Plot Plan, 3D Model Stage Reviews, SAFOP, QRA, etc
- Experience developing and managing multi-discipline deliverables such as equipment lists and weight control is desirable
- Experienced with the interpretation of complex scopes of work, contracts, schedules and engineering deliverables such as P&IDs and Plot Plans
- Demonstration of customer focus and ability to respond to customer needs whilst achieving project and corporate objectives
- Ideally has experience with Qatar O&G customer standards and local regulatory requirements, including Shell DEPs, Qatar Civil Defence requirements for DC1 and DC2, Qatar Construction Standards, etc
- Builds collaborative teams and leading by example in the demonstration of Wood's core values
- Has experience of guiding and mentoring other project and discipline engineers in the delivery of work scope
- Display analytical and innovation skills to manage scopes of work
- Experience of project cost control and planning systems
Applicants are required to:
- Be available for work in Doha, Qatar from January 2023
- Confidently deliver assigned scopes of work independently / remotely from management whilst leading others, with minimal guidance and direction
- Take ownership of scopes of work, coordinating the engineering disciplines and supporting functions to deliver successful outcomes
- Have demonstrable experience of working independently / remotely from technical leadership personnel (although functional leadership will be within the Doha office).
- Have demonstrable experience of working within a small project office, supporting cross discipline activities beyond their core discipline
- Be willing and able to represent Wood in both onshore and offshore surveys, holding relevant certification or willing to undertake suitable training such as BOSIET and H2S Awareness.
- Must have a proficient level of both written and spoken communication skills in the English language, able to interpret and disseminate complex scope and contract documents
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
About the Company
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people.