Job description / Role
Stantec is looking to hire a Senior Field Geophysicist for one of its projects in Qatar. The project is an Onshore and Marine Geophysical and Geotechnical Investigation for South of Wakrah Pumping Station, Tunnels and Outfall project.
• Degree qualified European or US or approved equivalent registered Chartered/Professional in Geophysics or Geologist with MSc in Geophysics.
• Fifteen (15) Years’ Experience in the supervision of onshore/offshore geophysical investigation works for underground projects (i.e., tunnels, shafts, deep excavations, outfalls) and must have led at least one (1) project with similar scope of works to the present Project in Qatar.
Experience in the following geophysical tests:
• Seismic refraction
• MASW- ReMI
• Electrical Resistivity Tomography
• Seismic downhole test
• Crosshole seismic tomography
• Wireline Geophysics
• Proven experience in carrying out the full cycle of geophysical survey, from obtaining raw data to processing the data, data interpretation and geomechanical characterization.
• Familiar with major geological risks in the region.
• Local experience in similar projects in Qatar would be an advantage.
• Communication and reporting skills (English).
• MSc or Bachelors in Geophysics
• Experience - minimum 15 years
• Candidate must have worked for civil engineering or geotechnical companies.
• Candidate must be fluent in English
• Must be based in Qatar and available to start immediately
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.