Job description / Role
Senior - Financial Accounting Advisory Services - Policy and Procedures
In Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) within Assurance, we assist our clients to address the accounting and financial reporting challenges facing their business. You will be part of a team that provides insight and services that accelerate analytics, decision-making and innovation to build a stronger and more efficient finance function. You will experience ongoing professional development through diverse experiences, world-class learning and individually tailored coaching.
That is how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
FAAS professionals provide advisory services to a wide range of clients covering a very broad spectrum of services including:
- IFRS Conversion;
- Support, design and development of accounting and reporting policies;
- Contract accounting support;
- Accounting Compliance Reporting (ACR) Support;
- Financial statement close process support
- Consolidation and Reporting;
- Transaction accounting and reporting; Audit Remediation and readiness
About the opportunity
We currently have a career opportunity focusing on one or more of the following competencies:
- Develop policy and procedure manual
- Finance function transformation
- Financial statement closing process
- Planning, budgeting and forecasting
- Testing and enhancement of internal controls
- Participate in Financial Accounting Advisory Services engagements
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Help prepare reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within other services across the organization
- Any bachelor's degree
- At least 3 years of experience working in a consulting firm
- Strong advisory (selling) mindset
- CPA/CA/ACCA certification (preferred)
- Strong technical skills and recognized cautious risk management ability
- Solid team working skills with the ability to work with different people from diverse backgrounds in the diverse FAAS team
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills
- Ability and comfort level in researching client inquires and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices and new technologies
- Flexibility and willingness to travel on short notice, as necessary
- Keen to develop technical and other attributes of assigned team members
Additional skills requirements
- Demonstrated track record with a blue chip consulting organization and/or blue chip organization
- Professional accountancy qualification or equivalent
- Strong academic record including a degree
At EY, we are committed to helping you achieve your potential. If you have the drive and determination to serve some of the world's most successful and influential organizations, we'll provide the scope and support to realize your professional and personal ambitions. Teaming with talented colleagues around the world, you'll discover a culture defined by integrity, respect and collaboration that produces inspiring results. With award-winning professional development and access to global opportunities in a challenging, high-performance environment, you will be able to carve out a rewarding career that reflects your talents and aspirations.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.