Job description / Role
- Design and build financial models for new and existing capital projects -coordinate with different business units, understand their business/operational requirements, agree on key assumptions/inputs and develop comprehensive flexible financial models.
- Active involvement in tendering process-review the tender documents, highlight the financial terms, coordinate with business units, agree on assumptions and develop financial models.
- Develop and review business cases for new projects / changes in existing projects through various parameters such as IRR,NPV,profitability.
Support M&A from finance perspective:
- Perform valuations of companies using different methodologies such as income approach, market comparable approach and net assets value approach.
- Conduct detailed analysis of historical and forecast financial information (through management reports , financial reports , desktop research).
- Conduct initial screening of companies and markets through high level desktop research.
- Perform analysis of historical and forecast financial information to identify key attributes and issues / risks in a transaction / company.
- Compile presentations / report to provide financial insights / information management and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations ( especially related to corporate finance , investments , etc.)
- Develop tools , reports and systems to provide critical balance sheet, P&L and liquidity information to various stakeholders.
- Analyze and recommend hedging strategies to manage the interest rate risk and foreign exchange rate risk exposure.
- Develop cash flow forecasting models for different business units with the purpose of capital planning , treasury and risk management.
- Prepare debt planning tools and models for the group to stress the sensitivities of various factors , analyzing the impact of new capital and assuring no breach of any of the financial covenants anytime.
- Perform desktop and third party research on different sectors ( macro view, key trend, pros, cons, outlook, etc).
- Assist management in forming a view on state of different sectors and to compare with performance of bus
- Compile presentations, with analysis and actionable recommendations, for management.
Develop and maintain effective relationships with bus and external consultants:
- Ensure operations / work processes occur in accordance with all relevant legal, regulatory, and any other standards and requirements to witch compliance is required.
- Ensure the health and safety of all employees and the protection of the environment for all sites / work premises under their control.
- Perform other job - related duties as assigned.
- Follow specified system, processes and procedures, implemented in the workplace, to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and other requirements / standards.
- Work safely at all times, protecting the health and safety of everyone in the workplace
- Perform other ad-hoc projects.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor's Degree in economics, finance, math or business.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 6-8 years of experience in corporate finance and liquidity planning.
- Middle East experience will be preferred.
- Good knowledge of MS office applications and research tools like Bloomberg and zawya.
- Business fluent English , Arabic will be a plus.
Market / Industry / Functional knowledge:
- Understanding of how financial instruments work.
- Strong financial modeling skills.
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and uncompromising attention to detail technologically competent (esp , MS excel).
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.
|Abu Dhabi||13 Feb|
Regional Finance Controller
Senior Finance Manager
Financial Reporting Analyst
A Leading Oilfield Services Company in Iraq
Beaconhouse School System