Senior Full Stack Software Developer
Job description / Role
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Works with stakeholders / partners to identify the IS business requirements and the expected outcome.
• Develop and models business scenarios that are meaningful and which impact on critical business processes and/or decisions.
• Identifies and gather data requirements by collaborating with stakeholders / partners subject matter experts to select the relevant sources of information.
• Qualifies where information can be stored or what information, external to the organization, may be used in support of the use case
• Support data collection, integration, and retention requirements based on the input collected with the business.
• Designs and Builds user interface applications and back-end databases using various programming and scripting languages (XML, HTML, DHTML, ASP, JSP, VB, Java, & Flash) to Support the national QRDI solutions for Council and Secretariat
• Participate in the development, enhancement, and customization of QRDI business solutions
• Coordinate with QF IT to ensure provisions of shared services with respect to IT
• Prepare/ execute test scripts for QRDI developed systems to ensure the readiness of system
• Document user and system requirements
• Ensure availability, reliability, and recoverability of related computing services, such as application delivery, backup and recovery, monitoring and notification, and web technologies
• Monitor, maintain, and improve the security of supported systems
• Create and maintain up-to-date database backup and recovery strategies to rapidly recover any loss of data due to the system or user errors
• Support systems and ensures that they are stable, well designed, effective to use.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement information systems tools changes, installation of upgrades, patches, and new versions, through proper change control processes.
• Troubleshoot user problems and needs and determine possible solutions.
• Plan and conduct user training for the existing and new information systems
• Maintain complete and up to date documentation of all actions and operations in support of the application and interfaces
• Provide 24X7 on-site/on-call support
• Other reasonable tasks as assigned by supervisor
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
• Knowledge of latest / popular software development technologies and frameworks are essential:
* Microsoft ASP.NET, ASP.NET Core, ASP.NET MVC, Web API, Web Forms or Java Server Pages (JSP) and related web development technologies and APIs.
* C#.NET, VB.NET, Java, HTML, CSS, Java Script
* Web Development frameworks/tool sets such as jQuery, Bootstrap, Angular, Azure
* Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle, SQL Server Reporting Services or Crystal Reports.
• Should be familiar with source control technologies like (SVN, TFS, GIT)
• Familiarity with project/task/ticket management tools like Microsoft Project, JIRA, Kayako, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal as well as written/oral communication skills are essential
• Ability to work independently, as well as in team
• Fluency in English, written and oral.
• Minimum of 1 0 years’ experience in software design and development.
• Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
About the Company
Vistas Global is a diversified group of businesses with interests in technology (Vistas Global WLL, Momenta WLL), human capital, media (Vistas Media ME-FZ LLC), digital, food & beverage (Nushi, Haagen Dazs, Caliburger, Kamats), engineering (Vistas Security, Vistas Engineering) and real estate.
The group was founded by Suraj Thampi, an entrepreneur who pioneered the business process outsourcing concept in the Middle East in 1998. Having successfully built and sold three companies previously, Vistas is now his fourth venture in the region. In a short period of time, Vistas has emerged as one of the largest professional service companies in the region, employing over 1,300 people across 5 continents, 8 Offices and 5 Time Zones.
Senior Software Engineer - Fullstack
Java Fullstack Developer