Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Senior District Gas Network Engineer for our multi-billion dollar infrastructure project in Doha, Qatar. This engineer will be responsible for coordinating LNG pipeline design engineering issues, providing a centre for pipeline engineering expertise and developing execution strategies for the project.
The Engineer at this level is proficient in the utilization of standard engineering theories and practices. Some assignments involve CAE (computer aided engineering)/CAD (computer aided design) applications.
Being the interface between design office, client and contractor.
• Contact person for the relevant designer.
• Interface coordination with the other designs and maintaining all interfaces are acknowledged and administered in the execution of the project.
• Check of compliance with the time schedule.
• Initiating acceleration measures in case of delays.
• Coordination with the design time scheduler.
• Coordination with the relevant design engineers of other trades in case permitted by the relevant design manager.
• Coordination with Environmental Impact Coordinator.
• Contact person for the relevant authorities.
• Supporting the design manager in bid review, assisting in approval process and other duties (e.g. contract preparation, tender process and implementation)
• Review of the design provided by the designers of the relevant trade according to all requirements and the designers scope of work as mentioned in the designers contract.
• Preparation of a design report incl. all relevant comments for redesign, adjustment supplements if any according to the formal checking guidelines given by the design manager.
• Check if implementation of the comment is done by the designer in a sufficient way.
• Check if the design is economical with regard to construction costs as well as operation and maintenance costs.
• Following up complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
• Responsible for all technical aspects associated with Vacuum Waste scope including construction and installation processes.
• Attend and contribute to regular project meetings and input to reports as required including projected budget and time-frame.
• Provides technical guidance to lower-level Engineers working on the same project. Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• To be fully aware of the project specifications, drawings and design criteria.
• Strong understanding of all related codes.
• Preparation of a detailed interface list to the other subjects with regard to the BOQ.
• Examination and Evaluation of the subject-related contract documents.
• Degree in Mechanical or any other Engineering field from a recognized University
• Minimum 15 years experience on major projects in a multi-disciplinary environment with specific Mechanical systems
Further Qualification Required:
• Fluent in English, with excellent written and oral communication skills
• Further Experience Required:
• 4 years experience in a comparable Position in the GCC is a must
• Experience in LNG pipeline projects
• Experience in the construction of large industrial or infrastructural projects is highly preferred
• Experienced in dealing with other employees and internal clients. Confident, proactive character, with a track record of taking the lead in challenging situations.
• Commercially aware and familiar with Contract documentation and its implementation
• Capable of meeting and dealing with Senior Management.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.