Job description / Role
Senior General Business Sales Executive - Qatar
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
The General Business Sales Executive is responsible for focusing on complex sales engagements which are mainly partner-driven in the GB-segment. The GBSE may be specialized on industry or solutions based on the MU-market; he/she is working in conjunction with (i)PBMs and ISEs. The GBSE covers opportunities in partner- / SAP-accounts above a specific revenue threshold defined in the GTM-setup of the MU/Region. The objective is to coach the partner-sales teams on building a productive pipeline as well as maximizing the revenue via active engagements on selected opportunities.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Solution/ Industry specialized Business Development
- Aligns with PBMs on Partner Business Planning for the territory covered; identifies opportunities for further growth in the territory and becomes active, in collaboration with other GPO sales areas (PBMs, Inside Sales, etc.).
- Responsible for creation, monitoring and review of business development activities around the solution- or industry- specialization area. Defines innovative approaches to generate business and executes either directly or via the partner-sales teams. Drives core strategies and actions to ensure KPI achievement.
- Coaches partner sales reps to interact with prospects in large or complex SW deals in his area of solution / industry expertise in order to position the value of the respective SW or industry solution as supported by ROI, business case development, references, and supporting analyst data. Ensures high conversion rate from pipeline to deal closure, Shortening of the sales process and improvement of win rate in order to achieve real volume business. Be an expert on the competition with their assigned industry and/or geography. Understand competitive threats (e.g., how to beat the competition).
- Drives deal closure by inserting him-/herself in big and complex opportunities of partners assigned. Balances his direct / indirect activities in order to maximize the revenue in the territory assigned.
- Enables partners to independently drive business with the following resources:
- partner demand generation plan to build a business pipeline
- partner competency plan to ensure partner resources are trained on the latest solution and sales content,
- partner resource utilization plan so partners have full access to and are utilizing SAP tools and methodologies
- presales coaching plan for existing and new partners
- Generally will be focused on volume segment and ensure alignment with Indirect Channel Mgt (respective Partner Business Managers, Inside Partner Business Managers) and Inside Sales based on key channel economics. Where available will act in strong interrelationship / be co-located with similarly specialized sales roles (e g specialized AEs in Enterprise segment in regional centers of Expertise)
- Monitoring the effective and appropriate use of SAP assets (i.e., Presales) by partners.
- Reporting on sales progress throughout the year; identification of deviations from plans agreed and actively engaging in measures to deliver goals agreed to.
- Minimum 7 years experience in sales & indirect sales
- Profound knowledge in one or in several solution areas such as e.g. LoB, Mobility, In-Memory,
- ByDesign, BA&T, B One, BAiO, Cloud or in a certain industry
- Knowing or having successful experience in multi channel go to market models
- Understanding the principles of solution & cloud selling through Partners
- Knowledge and understanding of Indirect channel dynamics
- Knowledge of ERP market
- Local market knowledge and understanding
- Business level English: yes
- Business level local language: yes
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATION / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor equivalent: yes
- Master equivalent: yes
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP's culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone - regardless of background - feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team.
About the Company
Headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, SAP is the world's largest business software company with more than 51,500 employees at sales and development locations in more than 50 countries worldwide.
Our global development approach focuses on distributing development across the world in strategically important markets. A global network of SAP Labs spanning Bulgaria, Canada, China, Germany, Hungary, India, Israel, and the United States, enables SAP to operate locally, yet organize globally.
As the global technology research unit of SAP, SAP Research significantly contributes to SAP's product portfolio and extends SAP's leading position by identifying and shaping emerging IT trends through applied research and corporate venturing. SAP Research has highly skilled teams in 11 research centers worldwide.