Job description / Role
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious infrastructure project in Qatar. The Work scope comprises roads, highway intersections, bridges and other structures, electrical (HV and LV), ITS, TBM microtunnel works, potable water, sewerage (foul water) drainage, storm water drainage networks and other utility / services networks.
The Senior Highway Surveyor will be providing all necessary assistance to the construction supervision team with respect to all surveying works and quantity measurement aspects for the project. The Senior Highway Surveyor is the leader of the land surveyors team assigned for each discipline under the respective Resident Engineer.
• Advice the SRE and RE’s and recommend actions concerning construction surveys.
• Maintain the construction surveys and quantity records.
• Direct the initial baseline and control surveys including establishment of bench marks and recovery of any existing survey monuments to be removed at the start of the project.
• Supervise and direct the field survey parties to comply with the Contractor’s request for surveys, including the checking of the Contractor’s setting out of centrelines, structures, slope stakes, etc.
• Check the field measurement surveys including original and final cross sections, check critical elevations, dimensions and locations of structural elements, earthwork grading, pavement and appurtenances, check the Contractor’s detailed survey in advance of construction operations, investigate and clarify survey discrepancies.
• Establish the format and standard procedures for calculation and documentation of quantities.
• Conduct training in the use of modern survey equipment.
• Supervise the maintenance of the equipment and involve in the calibration and checking of the survey instruments.
• Coordinate and schedule all survey works to serve all disciplines as required by the different RE’s.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Ensure quality goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of quality procedures on the road works.
• Involve in the as-built review and finalization in coordination with RE’s, site engineers, land surveyors and inspectors.
• BSc Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
• Min of 10 demonstrable experience in land/highway surveying on major road, highway and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
• Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be very good in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.