Senior HRIS Officer
Nakilat Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM)
Ras Laffan, Qatar
Job description / Role
Job Summary and Purpose
A primary focus on implementation, support and maintenance of the Human Resource Information Management System. The Specialist serves as a technical point-of contact for information systems supporting HR planning and operations. Works closely with HR and IT subject matter experts to ensuring data integrity, testing of system changes, report writing and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
• Maintain HR Data Matrix: Develop and maintain HR data matrix, to ensure appropriate access/rights are granted within HR and other departments, where needed.
HR Functional Analysis:
• Maintains current knowledge of HR operations, policies, procedures, processes and activities, employment related laws and regulations. Applies HR functional knowledge in optimizing HR information systems support.
• Recommend process/workflow improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy. Use project management skills and project management software in managing projects.
Workforce Planning and Forecasting:
• Applies knowledge of HR information systems and data in extracting and analyzing current, historical, and forecasted data to support strategic workforce planning.
• Write, maintain, and support a variety of reports or queries utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs. Help maintain data integrity in systems by running queries and analyzing data. A dedicated focal point, to ensure all section within HR has approach to obtain reports/analytics when required. Creates most commonly used reports for each section.
• Develop user procedures, guidelines, and documentation. Train staff members and managers/supervisors/administrator on new processes/functionality. Train new system users.
• Develop end to end scopes to create solutions to implement solutions efficiently. Provide validations and seamless workflow process to meet the requirement effectively and temper proof.
• Liaise with each Sections within HR conduct assessment of the current policy and implementation requirement, identify and present most suitable solution with a consistent approach within all organization.
• Maintain awareness of current trends in HR information systems with a focus on product and service development, delivery and support, and applying key technologies. Examine trends in information systems training, materials and techniques.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or any other field. A Certification from an accredited institution is a plus.
• 5-8 years of related experience in a similar position, preferably in the Oil & Gas industry.
• Experience in SAP, Successfactors, Power BI preferred
• Knowledge in various fields of software applications like requirements gathering, analysis and design, testing etc.
About the Company
N-KOM is one of Middle East's leading shipyards, offering a comprehensive range of marine services as well as solutions for the oil and gas industry.
Strategically located at the heart of oil and gas activities in the Arabian Gulf, Nakilat-Keppel Offshore & Marine (N-KOM) combines a wealth of experience and expertise from its parent companies Qatar Gas Transport Company (Nakilat) and Keppel Offshore & Marine (KOM), to provide repair, conversion and construction services for marine vessels, offshore and onshore structures.
Spanning over 50 hectares, the comprehensive facility is equipped with two graving docks and a floating dock that can easily accommodate VLCCs, quays and piers offering a total berthage capacity of 3,150m, a range of workshops ideally situated in front of the drydocks, more than 500,000sqm of fabrication area and sub-contractor facilities on-site, thus enhancing the shipyard's flexibility and capabilities.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, extensive infrastructure and track record of safe, quality and timely project executions, N-KOM has rapidly established itself as the preferred shipyard in the Middle East.