Job description / Role
About the Role:
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP welcomes applications for part time and flexible working and would be happy to discuss potential options with you as part of your application.
A typical week would include:
Health & Safety Responsibilities
* Ensure the effective implementation of CSC Health & Safety responsibilities in coordination with lead engineer.
* Monitor execution of responsibilities of Health and Safety Consultant/s.
* Advise and assist all appropriate managers/ discipline engineers in discharging their responsibilities for health and safety of employees and others to whom they have a duty of care.
* Be aware of the requirements of Health, Safety and environmental legislation, particularly Qatari Labour Law, QCS 2014, Ministerial Orders relating to safety, SC Health & Safety and Welfare Standards as well as PMCM Health & Safety Compliance Action Plan.
* Advise management and employees of their responsibilities under the policies, manuals, procedures and current legislation.
* Prepare CSC's Health & Safety Management Plan and other CSC procedures related to Health & Safety as required.
* Conduct Health & Safety on-boarding session with appointed Contractors.
* Ensure that a weekly site management walk/ inspection and weekly HSE meeting are organized.
* Complete weekly Health & Safety Inspection report via Intelex 'Site Inspection' reporting tool.
* Report weekly HSE Statistics/record of CSC via Intelex.
* Review Contractor's document submittals, e.g. Health & Safety Plan, Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS), Emergency Response Plan, and other Health and Safety related submittals.
* Conduct periodical Health & Safety Management System audits and act as Lead Auditor.
* Liaise with PMCM and SC and other external organizations on HS, identify best practice where appropriate and adopt it onto the development.
Environmental and Security Interface
* Monitor the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plan (CEMP) in coordination with PMCM;
* Monitor the implementation of Contractor's Security Management Plan in coordination with PMCM and SC Security as required.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Bachelor's Degree from recognized university.
* NEBOSH Certificate required and IOSH,IIRSM, CSP, NEBOSH Diploma preferable.
* Minimum 15 years relevant experience.
* Minimum 2 years' experience similar role.
What if we can?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous days annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognize the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring. Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.