Job description / Role
Job Description - Senior I&C Engineer
Part A: Job Specification
- Leads Instrument & Control Engineering activities for an Onshore Project, ensuring technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) fully comply with project deliverables and standardized processes and are delivered to the highest standards.
- Steward Instruments & Controls engineering activities to ensure quality and timely delivery of Instruments & Controls engineering scope.
- Drive the EPC contractor by providing clear guidance and facilitating resolution to issues to complete Instruments & Controls engineering activities.
- Reporting and Relationships
- Reports to I&C Head (NFE Onshore EPC 1).
- Direct reports: 0
- Regular interface and collaboration with Engineering Division Manager, Head Electrical, Process, Mechanical, Machinery, Piping and Civil/Structural Engineers, Head Loss Prevention, Operations Advisor, Engineering Advisors and Facility Engineers in Onshore organization.
- Frequent contact with Operations, Safety, and Engineering departments.
- Regular contact with contractors, vendors, and subcontractors.
- Occasional engagement with shareholder representatives.
- Ensure Instrument and Control (I&C) engineering activities are conducted in accordance with project specifications and approved variations if any.
- Accountable for a quality design of I&C engineering deliverables, including design safety aspects and execution planning of I&C field activities
- Drive work execution, ensuring technical alignment and quality with various disciplines stakeholders from both PMT and EPC Contractor.
- Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete I&C design per project specifications in a timely manner and provides clear direction when project instructions or specifications are not clear
- Manage the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
- Drive Contractor to develop plans and work schedules that ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays for monthly progress and stewardship reporting.
- Support multi-discipline activities providing I&C expertise to other disciplines as necessary, in support of completing activities within schedule and making appropriate recommendations to management on I&C issues.
- Key effort to support interfacing between key vendors and EPC contractor to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
- Provides field engineering support to construction and commissioning works to ensure field execution at site meets project plans.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.