Job description / Role
• Develop high quality Infrastructure Engineering solutions manage all infrastructure engineering activities at a given project site to facilitate effective completion of projects within timelines and budgets.
• Work with Line Manager to develop high quality infrastructure engineering systems including roads and buried utilities such as potable water, storm water (drainage), foul sewer, irrigation,/TSE, gas, district cooling network, detailing implementation procedures, methodologies and guidelines for ensuring effective execution of project.
• Understand client requirements, conduct site studies, cost estimations, plan tendering activities, provide infrastructure engineering inputs for contractor evaluation for assigned projects.
• Plan for value engineering and risk management for sites and Infrastructure to help onsite construction teams to deliver infrastructure engineering solutions ensuring regulatory and compliance with standards.
• Work with corporate level technical team to resolve Infrastructure engineering related escalations from project site.
• Implement standardized methodologies and procedures to ensure consistent and high quality QPM work experience to consultants, contractors and clients across sites.
• Develop all Infrastructure engineering calculations, project plans, designs, project specifications and project cost/budget estimates as required.
• Serve as the design resource for all matters related to Infrastructure engineering and provide feedback and sketches to be incorporated in drawings by Designers/Drafters.
• Achieve a detailed understanding of the Contract documents (drawings and specifications), coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, electrical and advice project managers as necessary.
• Prepare technical documents and assist in the receipt and review of contractor’s as-built drawings and technical submittals, validate design issues related to infrastructure, suggest alternative solutions and provide field drawings to contractors/project teams as required.
• Synergize with the project commissioning team to ensure that all projects are meticulously commissioned to deliver world class standards of quality to QPM clients
• Ensure appropriate usage and application of the Project Management System (PMS) with respect to entry and analysis of work related data for day to day functioning to facilitate seamless communication of all relevant (technical/non-technical) information across the organization on a real time basis for maximum effectiveness.
• Assist in the scope review of a project, budgeting and justification of change work order.
• Attend and participate in Client and QPM site meetings and reviews.
• Assist in the testing and commissioning of Infrastructure and oversee the review and approval process for all Infrastructure engineering activities submittals.
• Liaison with local authorities and ministerial agencies to assist in obtaining various permits and approvals during the design and construction stages.
• Support business development by assisting proposal preparation and presentations at a local level.
• Assist in development and review of RFPs/Tenders by QPM as part of the onsite procurement process
• Interface with client in relation to QPM’s design Infrastructure engineering activities
• Oversee and advise on the estimates prepared by the QS/Cost Control concerning Infrastructure engineering and analyze periodic cost reports to monitor performance
• Collaborate with other design disciplines to enhance QPM’s project execution capabilities and solutions.
• Establish and develop professional relationships with peer professionals in the industry at the local and regional level to track industry practices and innovation.
• Meet clients to obtain feedback on QPM’s design Infrastructure engineering solutions and use the same to make appropriate modifications.
• Maintain awareness of industry trends, methodologies, tools and best practices in project cost management.
• Adopt and adapt best practices from the industry into QPM to ensure continuous rejuvenation and upgrades to QPM’s engineering capabilities.
• Graduate in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering with emphasis in Infrastructure engineering with more than 12 years of Infrastructure design and project management experience in construction industry and at least 5 years of project experience a medium to large Project Management company.
• MME Registration is required
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.