Job description / Role
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We're not just engineers. We're a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet's toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there's a path for you here. And there's no barrier to your potential career success.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports Lead Engineer in monitoring quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Assist Project Team in project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules
- Manage Instrumentation & Control design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Prepare and participate in weekly Instrumentation & Control meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Review and approve all related technical documents and coordinate with the Lead Engineer.
- Review and advice on layouts, site preparation, etc., during technical evaluation stage of bidder's proposals to assess technical capability and ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Consults with representatives of Process, Process Safety, Construction, Maintenance, Inspection, Operation, Reliability, etc. to ensure that designs meet the objectives.
- Execute verification, studies and detail design following best engineering practices and optimization in terms of cost, construction, simplicity, operability and maintainability, codes and standards, HSSE, etc.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures.
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
Industry Specific Experience:
- Minimum 12 years Instrumentation & Control engineering experience in oil and gas for offshore and onshore projects
- Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in the same or similar industry, including experience in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
- Good knowledge of discipline design/engineering with sufficient experience in different discipline areas.
Education - Qualifications, Accreditation, Training:
- Full-Time Bachelor's Degree in Instrumentation/Electronics Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
Functional Safety Engineering certification from TUV or EXIDA is required
- Experience in Smart Plant / SPI
- Experienced in Instrument sizing calculation software including control valve sizing, Orifice sizing, voltage drop calculations,
- Instrument air consumption calculations for pneumatic instruments, power consumption and heat dissipation calculation
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behavior and business practices commensurate with a culture of world's best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- Personal well-being;
- Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
What we offer you
Providing an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
About the Company
Worley is a leading global provider of professional services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We partner with our customers to address their most critical challenges at every stage of their projects: from initial concepts to sustaining and enhancing their assets. And we provide smarter, bolder solutions while delivering on our own sustainability commitments.
We are 51,000 bright minds across 46 countries all driven by a common purpose – delivering a more sustainable world. While working to fulfill our ambition to be recognized globally as the leader in sustainability solutions.