Job description / Role
Be Part of a Global Firm Committed to a Sustainable World
Parsons’ engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Senior Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) Engineer is responsible for carrying out the review and design of ITS systems and infrastructure for road and highway projects in accordance with international standards, specifications and procedures.
• Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within one discipline. The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices.
• Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
• Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
• Prepares and issues specifications, data sheets, and other construction documents.
• Providing ITS advice and guidance into various road and highway infrastructure projects.
• Carrying out studies for the implementation and operation of ITS.
• May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronics from an accredited University, Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations accepted by the Authority.
• Minimum 10 years post graduate experience in the construction and supervision of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) related to road and highway infrastructure projects.
• Experience in traffic engineering studies and analysis.
• Experience in the design and operation of ITS infrastructure. In depth knowledge of ITS design standards and procedures.
• Experience in the operation and maintenance requirements of ITS infrastructure.
• Experience with electrical, electronics, telecommunications systems as related to ITS.
• Proficiency in computer and software applications
• Candidate with prior Gulf experience with consultants would be a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.