Job description / Role
- Design, coordinate and supervise interior design projects from the conceptual phase through schematic design, design development and onto execution drawings, with the possibility of doing materials and fixtures selections.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit is essential and ideally a working knowledge of Sketch-up.
- Research, plan, design, and develop design solutions for interior projects.
- Address adjustments desired by the Client
- Lead the creative interiors efforts on client projects, developing overall design concepts and design presentation strategies.
- Lead interior design efforts that include programming client needs, conceptual design, schematic design, design development, space planning and construction documentation.
- Advise on the selection and presentation of furniture, furniture systems, fabrics, equipment (FF & E), color palettes and lighting.
- Work with external consultants, product representatives, furniture dealers and fabricators.
- Mentor and provide creative direction to interior design teams.
- Preparing mood boards, material boards and specification writing.
- Preparing materials, furniture, lighting and sanitary proposal.
- Review drawing accuracy, completeness of information and detail cross-referencing.
- Review interior design material and or technical submittals during all design stages.
- Carry out periodical site visits to supervise and inspect work in progress undertaken by contractors and/or other related professional and ensure adequate quality control is maintained.
- Collaborate with colleagues to understand their requirements and needs related to function, size of space, etc in order to produce Design BOQ’s and technical specification for presentation.
- 10+ years professional experience
- Advance degree in Interior Design
- Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formatting design presentation strategies in the London market.
- Outstanding graphic presentation skills.
- Strong, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to Clients.
- Knowledge of furniture, finishes, materials, color selections and specifications
- Experience with Revit, SketchUp, AutoCAD, Adobe Create Suite and other relevant software.
- Prefer resident in Qatar with NOC.
About the Company
Dara Engineering Consultants was founded in 2000 and it has become one of the leading consultancy firms in Qatar with Great A classification under the Professional Consultants Committee.
Dara is having highly specialized teams in Architectural, Interior Design, Landscape Architectural, Urban Planning, Quantity Survey, Cost Control, Structural, Electrical, Mechanical and Construction management of various kinds of projects.
Dara has specialty in designing various types of project such as Hospitality, Educational Institution, Sports facilities, Residential Developments, Commercial Developments, Offices, Malls, Hospitals & Health Organizations, Cooperative Buildings and High Rise Buildings.