Job description / Role
• Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
• Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
• Senior Jet Fuel Engineer. This is a client facing role, supporting a major aviation project based in Doha, Qatar.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Reviewing design to ensure compliance with international codes.
• Reviewing consultant’s submissions for concept design, preliminary and detailed design.
• Reviewing bid documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
• Reviewing mock-ups, method statements and shop drawings.
• Inspecting permanent works executed by the contractor on site and detailing any deficiencies/non-conformance and necessary corrective actions.
• Performing technical and commercial review/supports to the client.
• Assisting in contract management tracking project milestones and final completion dates.
• Liaising, coordinating, directing and monitoring the activities of PM/CM, design, consultants, contractors, suppliers, direct labour and materials, etc.
• Liaising with outside agencies and stakeholders to ensure design meet their requirements.
• Liaising with utilities agencies to ensure their requirements are adhered to by consultants.
• Following up on approvals from outside agencies.
• Reviewing change orders and providing input to client.
• Monitoring construction works and providing input to client.
• Attending/chairing meetings/workshops as and when required.
• Managing testing and commissioning project close out including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of the work, contract vendor closeout and handover to airport operational readiness (AOR) team for airport operation.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include
• Minimum 15 years of experience in the design and construction of fuel farms and fuel systems for distribution to petroleum companies and airports.
• Knowledge of fuel farms and fuel systems construction, materials, systems and trade practices.
• Good IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent communication skills.
• A relevant degree qualification in engineering.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.