Job description / Role
Primary Purpose of the Position:
• Responsible for supervision of landscape maintenance works performed by the landscape maintenance contractors or CLIENT in-house landscape maintenance crew in all CLIENT facilities in Qatar.
• Ensure that lawns, plant and shrubs displays are pleasant appearance and healthy.
• Ensure proper and timely application of pesticides and fertilizers to the plants, shrubs, lawns and trees as necessary
• Ensure timely irrigation to the plants, shrubs, lawns and trees.
• Oversee and ensure proper mowing of lawns, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs.
• Ensure that the irrigation system is- working condition all the time
• Ensure that hard landscaping is maintained clean and good condition all the time.
• Ensure the safety of the patients, staff and visitors while the landscape maintenance works are performed by the landscape maintenance contractors or Client in-house landscape maintenance crew.
• Ensure proper maintenance of electrical and mechanical installations in the landscaped scape areas.
• Ensure that all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental procedures, instructions and controls are adhered so that the safety of employees, quality of products/services and environmental compliance can be guaranteed.
• Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor Degree in Agriculture or Horticulture or similar.
• Professional membership of a recognized international institute / association / organization is desirable.
• Minimum 10 years' experience in supervision of landscape maintenance.
• Must have a sound knowledge understanding of plant science and landscape design.
• Have excellent planning, decision making, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Must have thorough knowledge of industry / international standards, and ability to interpret for specific application within sphere of relevant disciplines.
• Communication & negotiating skills as well as an ability to work in a multicultural team environment must be well developed and proven.
• Operates within the framework of established CLIENT policies and departmental procedures, guided by codes, practices and philosophies.
• Choice of a particular solution or design is left to the incumbent.
• Evaluate and provide solutions for particular, critical issues.
• Review and recommend resolution of particularly complex and non-routine problems, or provide viable alternatives.
• Identify risks and propose mitigating solutions and actions.
• Review and criticality assess a range of options for a given problem, and recommend one acceptable solution from a range of options
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
Ignite Search & Selection
Abdulla Yousif Fakhro Group
Big Fish Recruitment