Job description / Role
- Responsible for overseeing Machinery Engineering design and execution activities and oversee EPC Contractor in delivery of all aspects of Machinery design, equipment, technical and execution definition, including planning for detailed design, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning.
- Ensures machinery design activities (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, detailed design, design studies, commissioning procedures, etc.) are fully developed during EPC to comply with project technical and execution requirements.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
- Accountable for a quality design of machinery engineering deliverables, including design safety aspects and execution planning of machinery field activities
- Leads machinery design and coordination amongst other disciplines.
- Reviews and processes work activities, discussing and determining priorities in conjunction with Engineering Manager and Heads of Process, Electrical, Mechanical, disciplines together with Operations and Engineering Advisors to ensure that project deliverables are met.
- Provides guidance to EPC contractor to complete machinery design per project specifications in a timely manner and provides clear direction when project instructions or specifications are not clear
- Key effort to support interfacing between key vendors (BHGE, Siemens, Ibarra, etc) and EPC contractor to ensure quality and execution objectives are met.
- Provides field engineering support to construction and commissioning works to ensure field execution at site meets project plans.
- Ensures plans and procedures are develop and design safety aspects are incorporated to mitigate any safety risks for machinery execution activities
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 15 years' experience in machinery design, fabrication, installation and commissioning & start-up
- Experience in LNG projects and working in a Lump Sum project environment
- Experience working with EPC contractors
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with pumps, compressors, gas turbines, steam turbines, cryogenic pumps
Technical and Business Skills
- Excellent written and oral English skills.
- Strong organisational, planning and coordination skills.
- Strong technical, prioritisation and management skills.
- Good communication, influencing and interface skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, etc.
About the Company
LA Recruitment Ltd and it's associated companies (LA Recruitment WLL, LA Recruitment USA Inc and LA Recruitment & Management Services Ltd) have been leading the way in delivering experienced, qualified direct hire and contract personnel to the Oil & Gas and Construction industries for 30 years.
We are involved in the placement of Engineering, Commercial, Project Support, Marine and Technical personnel.
With our Head Office based in Aberdeen, UK and additional offices in Qatar, Houston and Malaysia, we offer support to many of the world's leading Oil & Gas, LNG and Construction companies.
Senior Machinery Engineer (EPC-1A)
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical & Static Equipment Engineer (EPC-1B)
Mechanical Engineer I
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Dec|