Job description / Role
• Manage, guide and motivate team members to deliver unit objectives
• Set Assets Affairs Financial Management Unit goals and link them to Assets Affairs goals
• Prepare long/short term roadmaps to achieve the Finance Unit’s mission and objectives
• Develop the Unit employees’ smart objectives and link them to the unit goals
• Monitor the execution of the Finance Unit roadmaps and create actions focused on timely delivery
• Manage the Unit’s Performance Objectives to achieve the department goals and the client’s overall vision through alignment of activities.
• Monitor the progress through assigned KPIs towards the achievement of Unit's objectives, set direction and take prompt corrective actions to address any areas of under-performance.
• Ensure that highest standards of professional conduct, ethics and integrity are maintained during the execution of the Unit’s responsibilities.
• Monitor the team’s performance and provide feedback (employees, secondment staff and consultants)
• Review budget submission for new projects and Oracle budget submission for new projects and committed contracts
• Review the annual revenue and cash collection budget
• Review the AA Portfolio before submission to Ministry of Finance (MOF) to ensure accuracy and reasonableness and coordinate with Corporate Finance and MOF to facilitate budget control and obtain the required financial approvals
• Review credit notes to ensure proper justification and supporting documents before submission to management
• Review revenue forecast and cash collection projection, Approve Financial Pre-Approval Requests
• Review monthly cash collection actual vs. target YTD / full year analysis
• Review the Hit and Miss Report for accurate calculation of actual duration against plan for each function and correct analysis of the performance of accountable parties in delivering their targets.
• Review the expenditure forecast for accuracy to ensure efficient and effective use of financial resources and secure required future financing.
• Lead the financial performance review meetings and follow up on agreed action items for continuous improvement and efficiency.
• Review Ad-Hoc Financial Reports such as KPI, AA Dashboard and Achievement Reports
• Support Management with decision making related to cost reduction and tariff setting by providing the required financial information and analysis
• Review Assets Affairs financial management procedures and guidelines to ensure compliance with the client’s policies
• Contribute and participate in DNO&M and RMD Section/Unit Head/management meetings to advise on financial matter
• Prepare and provide regular and ad hoc reports to the Assets Affairs Director, identify key trends and issues and make appropriate recommendations for action
• Hold regular team meetings to engage staff with changes taking place and ensure relevant business performance information and expectations are shared
• Attend meetings with Finance Dept., EBD, Legal Dept., Technical Office, Projects Dept., Contract Dept., IT Dept. and The President’s Office
• Attend external conferences related to O&M and workshops outside the company as and when required.
• Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Procedures and all company policies, procedures and regulations
• Perform other duties/ tasks as required
• Bachelor Degree or higher level qualification in relevant subject.
• Holder of current/valid Qatar Driving License
• Education qualification obtained from North America, West Europe, Australia
• Minimum of 12 years’ finance or accounting experience including minimum of 5 years’ experience in managing contracts/ projects financial performance and leading a team
• Knowledge and experience in Budgeting and forecasting methods, practices, procedures, regulations and policies
• Knowledge and experience related to change management and process flow documentation
• Minimum 5 years Financial Management experience related to Operation and Maintenance of Roads and Drainage Assets
• Experience in Microsoft Office, FCTS, Moazanah and Oracle
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.