Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Business Valuation Senior Manager, you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global Valuation & Modelling and Economics network of specialists who deliver high quality solutions on values creation through each phase of a decision-making support process.
We are looking for an experienced Valuations and Modelling professional to join our high performing team in Doha (Qatar) as a Senior Manager. EY has an established industry leading Valuation and Modelling and Economics practice. We advise our clients in addressing their transaction and non-transaction related decision making process including strategic planning, identification and assessment of value creation financial reporting, market valuation for transactional purpose etc..
You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Your key responsibilities
• As a Senior Manager within Valuation Modelling and Economics (VME) advisory team, you are likely to spend your day-to-day working on commercial issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process or transformation plans and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities.
• You will manage the project teams and work closely with all members as well as forming strong internal links within VME and other departments in EY.
• You will understand the key business drivers, co-developing our approach with the client, agreeing value measurements with the client, providing value to the client through insights, factual conclusions and advice.
• You will plan, prepare and review deliverables in various forms including excel databooks, written reports, presentations and discussions with the client. You will understand the capabilities of the firm and look for opportunities to sell additional services to our clients.
• As part of your role, you’ll be expected to actively participate in other team initiatives, such as, account relationship management, client services framework and recruitment.
• You will also help to create a positive learning culture for junior team members and support their development. You will take the responsibility for own learning and development, provide coaching to others, and participate in upward feedback.
Skills and attributes for success
• Strategic – you will help clients identifying opportunities and source of value creation and quantifying it. You will need to have a solution-oriented mind-set to act as a truly Corporate Finance advisor to leverage on EY capabilities and assist clients in solving their issues and unlocking potential for value growth.
• Commercial – as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on feasibility studies and valuations issues with regards to acquisition, divestitures or restructuring and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings;
• Regulatory and Accounting –you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements, provide fair value opinion for financial reporting purpose;
To qualify for the role you must have
• As a minimum, a bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 8 years of related business valuation work experience
• In-depth understanding as well as expertise in various Valuation methodologies, market assessment, market sizing, feasibility and business plans building, supply demand gaps analyses, financial analyses, capital allocation, portfolio optimization etc.
• Financial modelling skills including experience building models from scratch
• Broad understanding of IFRS standards related to fair value measurements, business combination, impairment testing etc.
Ideally, you’ll also have
• Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
• Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA
• Understanding of the Qatari (or broader GCC) market
• Excellent Business Development skills
What we look for
• Solution driven individual and “out-of-comfort” zone thinker with demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects.
• We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail.
• Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients goals.
What working at EY offers
• Competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
• Range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us
Building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region