Job description / Role
- Conduct marine surveys for local and various international Clubs (On & Off hours – 24Hrs).
- Perform Initial & final Draught Survey upon confirmation from the principal.
- On & Off hire bunker surveys, condition surveys etc and then submit report to our requested principals.
- Conduct container stuffing, cross stuffing & de-stuffing survey as per requests.
- Special cargo weighing and monitoring surveys does for Livestock vessels.
- Damage/loss investigations and P&I surveys to the representative clubs.
- Conduct onboard re-inspections as per special requisitions from the client for the claim of re-investigations.
- Assist Supervisor in undertaking investigations resulted from a claim for damage/loss to the insured vessel or third party property.
- Assist Supervisor in handling settlement of P&I claims against client’s vessels and issue bill of lading.
- Record cargo claims on behalf of management from consignees, insurance companies and other parties.
- Inspect damaged cargo/containers, when required, at port premises or consignees warehouse or any other places where cargos are in damaged conditions.
- Provides update reports and correspondence to various P&I principals.
- Provides technical recommendations to owners, charterers, and P&I Clubs as may be required.
- Follow specified systems, processes and procedures, implemented in the workplace, to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory, and other requirements/standards.
- Work safely at all times, protecting the health and safety of everyone in the workplace.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Customs Administration, Law or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience in handling general marine and cargo surveys, claims and loss adjustments.
- MS Office.
- English (Read / Write / Speak).
- Good knowledge of International Maritime Law.
- Good knowledge of Maritime shipping and Customs and port operations.
- Good knowledge of P&I clubs and other specialised Maritime bodies.
About the Company
Qatar Navigation (Milaha) Q.P.S.C. was established in July 1957, as the first public shareholding company registered in Qatar and holds commercial registration no. 1. The Company has since evolved, expanded and diversified into maritime transportation, gas, petroleum products, containers and bulk, offshore support services, port management, logistics services, shipyard, trading agencies, real estate, and asset management.
The legal entity, Qatar Navigation Q.P. S.C. (QNNS:QD), is publicly listed on the Qatar Exchange.