Job description / Role
Are you an experienced Materials Engineer looking for a new challenge? Then we have a fantastic opportunity in our Doha, Qatar office that could be of interest to you.
Who are we:
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
Whether it is maximizing space in cities or making wasteland habitable, we deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes for our clients. Our people work collaboratively to create value through built and natural assets that work in harmony with their surroundings – from shopping centers in Shanghai to new rail systems in Doha and reducing air pollution in Los Angeles.
Arcadis is the leading global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets. Applying our deep market sector insights and collective design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services we work in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes throughout the lifecycle of their natural and built assets. We are 27,000 people active in over 70 countries that generate €3.4 billion in revenues
• Client focus
Provide comprehensive materials assurance and engineering duties across defined local roads and drainage projects, supporting the Resident Engineer in delivering a complete construction supervision service.
• Provide management oversight and coordination of allocated Materials Engineers across the defined project(s)
• Develop and maintain robust quality assurance arrangements (processes and procedures) that support “right first time” delivery of materials engineering services
• Review and provide recommendations to the Senior Resident Engineer in relation to the approval of contractor material submittals
• Discuss deviations from the specification with Resident Engineers and develop recommendations to progress project delivery whilst maintaining appropriate quality standards
• Provide supervisory oversight of contractor’s materials testing activities and witness testing both in the laboratory and on-site
• Process materials inspection requests within defined timescales and ensure robust records of inspections are maintained
• Monitor and report in relation to quality assurance performance across projects
• Liaise with PMC/PWA and contractors on a regular basis and build relationships in parallel with maintaining compliance with formal communication routes adopted by the Supervision Consultant
• Represent the Company in a professional manner.
Qualification / Requirements:
• Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in (Engineering) or Equivalent
• Minimum of 10 years postgraduate experience in Materials testing/inspection
• Must have experience in major road/drainage projects design or construction
• Must have experience in in-ground infrastructure construction contract administration
• Experience in supervising wet/dry utility installation and local roads construction preferably with interdisciplinary coordination
• Knowledge of QCS, QSDDM and/or international design standards
• Experience within GCC (preferred).
What We Offer:
A dynamic and challenging opportunity with an international focus, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. A great working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career.
About the Company
ARCADIS is the leading global natural and built asset design & consultancy firm working in partnership with our clients to deliver exceptional and sustainable outcomes through the application of design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. ARCADIS differentiates through its talented and passionate people and its unique combination of capabilities covering the whole asset life cycle, its deep market sector insights and its ability to integrate health & safety and sustainability into the design and delivery of solutions across the globe. We are 28,000 people that generate more than 3 billion in revenues. We support UN-Habitat with knowledge and expertise to improve the quality of life in rapidly growing cities around the world.