Job description / Role
- Review and approve complete building permit documents and drawings (registration, drainage, plumbing, firefighting, scheme)
- Coordinating with Government agencies in relation to design and installations of the mechanical Services, drainage, plumbing, infrastructure services and fire protection/fighting service
- Direct, monitor and regulate activities of contracted consultants and developer’s consultants engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents to ensure adherance to project concept, civil defense, and Kahramaa regulation.
- Reporting to Building approval committee on all requested amendments or relaxations to the Regulations.
- Recommending the issuing of the final building permits and approvals of materials submitted Issuing a final certificate of completion in conjunction with municipalities: to identify the design discrepancies, provide suitable solutions, and final commissioning and handing
- Work in close collaboration with the property head, engineers, project managers and other project team members to ensure ongoing projects are in line with Project Engineering and load requirement.
- Review and provide input towards the technical feasibility study of the conceptual design regarding energy consumption, operational aspects and maintenance requirements.
- Direct, monitor and regulate activities of contracted consultants engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents to ensure adherence to project concepts.
- Review scale drawings of contracted consultants to ensure that it is in line with client master plan and regulations of the state of Qatar.
- Identify critical issues in proposed project plans and provide suggestions in overcoming these issues.
- Ensure that the Mechanical design is in line with the requirements of the local regulatory authorities to facilitate services approvals.
- Review proposals regarding system design, installation, specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time.
- Ensure compliance with client expectations and the regulations for the state of Qatar.
- Provide Mechanical design input towards obtaining bids and awarding contracts to Consultants and Contractors.
- Provide guidance to contracted architects/ consultants to determine functional and spatial requirements of Mechanical engineering systems.
- Conduct periodic on-site observation of work during installation to monitor compliance with client quality expected and approved building plans.
- Coordinate Mechanical design requirements originating from special consultants or suppliers
- Providing assessments and approvals of services applications.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering
- 12-15+ years of progressive relevant experience in similar scale and complexity of projects with either Grade A registration from MMUP.
About the Company
Qatar Project Management (QPM) is an independent subsidiary of Barwa Real Estate Development Company that provides expertise in Project Management, Design Management, Construction Management, and Contract Administration together with other associated Project Management functions. Established in 2008, QPM is centralized platform for provision of Project Management services to Barwa and Qatari Diar as well as local and international markets. QPM provides these services through an in-house team of highly-skilled, motivated, and qualified professionals supported by state-of-the-art information technology and highly-effective Project Management systems.
A Leading Engineering and Construction Company in Qatar
Senior Mechanical Engineer - Energy / Climate Control - MEP
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||13 Aug|
Senior MEP Manager
Head of MEP (Mechanical Based)