Job description / Role
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Steward all aspects of Mechanical engineering, primarily on pressure vessels/package equipment and provide technical support to operation and maintenance for across QG onshore and offshore facilities.
- Provide technical support in all sessions of FA, RCFA, ReHAZOP, RA, Project CER, Project IPR, FAT and technical support to Inspection Program, etc.
- Should comprehend the plant problems like static equipment/piping degradation/failure and equipment malfunction and root-cause analysis under operating conditions.
- Well experienced in attending to operating plant field-troubles in line with the Operations/ Maintenance requirements.
- Prepare Conceptual Study, Project Design Basis, and Mechanical engineering design as per
- Qatargas Project Specifications and International Codes such as ASME, TEMA, API, ISO and MSSP Standards and WRC bulletins.
- Work independently on Operational issues and newly identified project opportunities.
- Prepares design, engineering specifications for static equipment.
- Assist Project Engineers in selection of equipment to match the process duty, definition of the plant layout and piping layout.
- Prepares a comprehensive work-packs, in consultation with other functional specialist engineers such as Facilities engineers, surveillance Engineers and Process Engineers.
- Administers within budgeted cost and arrive at a fully developed project objective statement and pre feed referred as Gate-2 by Engineering and project Department.
- Should consolidate the developments of in house engineering work packs.
- It shall encompass concept to close-out and generate a fully-referenced, auditable, and self-contained constructible work package.
- Exposure in performing design calculation/verifications with software such as PV Elite, and Nozzle Pro is desirable.
- Ability to use good engineering sense combined with understanding of pressure vessel repair /alterations in compliance with NBIC
- Support National engineers/Junior engineers to develop their capabilities.
- Liaise with consultants or shareholders, represent Qatargas to outside agencies and conduct technical presentations.
- 6 years' experience in an oil and gas environment.
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Fluent in English language (demonstrated verbal and written skills).
- Computer literate, and competent with a variety of engineering software tools.
- BSc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
About the Company
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.