Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East and North Africa hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing and directing a team of senior engineers and engineers to perform comprehensive design review function to ensure quality design and best practices are implemented to the projects.
• Tracking and ensuring all design comments are discussed and implemented by the design consultants and PM/CM.
• Reviewing and commenting on tender documents, bills of quantities, unit rates, cost estimates and participate in tender evaluation.
• Facilitating design and construction interface amongst various trades/systems.
• Managing and directing a team of senior engineers, engineers and inspectors inspecting all works to ensure proper quality control, and that the work performed complies with all requirements of the contract documents, drawings and specifications.
• Implementing and enforcing quality assurance and control procedures.
• Reviewing mock-ups, method statements and shop drawings and ensure they are in compliance with the drawings and specifications and are coordinated across disciplines.
• Attending factory acceptance tests and provide the review reports.
• Providing commentary detailing any deficiencies or non-conformance and necessary corrective actions.
• Attending to contractor’s RFI, technical and design queries and coordinate reply from design office.
• Conducting site walk-through and inspection to identify anomalies and/or construction defects.
• Developing and implementing site planning, logistics and procedures for the execution of the works.
• Developing and implementing work schedules identifying the critical path including the expediting of scheduled critical materials and equipment for their timely delivery to site.
• Liaising, coordinating, directing and monitoring the activities of PM/CM, design consultants, contractors, suppliers, direct labour, materials and etc.
• Coordinating the works on-site with the activities of inspection agencies as necessary.
• Establishing and enforcing a comprehensive project safety and security program as defined in the safety program and in accordance with all applicable safety codes and regulations.
• Reviewing contractors’ payment applications and participate in the timely preparation of monthly payment requisition.
• Coordinating design changes on-site and ensure that design is followed through.
• Keeping the head informed as to any changes made in the field.
• Liaising between design and site offices.
• Performing and coordinating the engineering aspects for in-house projects.
• Attending and chairing meetings/workshops as required.
• Managing the testing and commissioning, project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of the work, contract vendor closeout and handover to airport operational readiness (AOR) team for airport operation.
• Performing any other project related duties and responsibilities as stipulated in the agreement.
• Performing other duties and take on other responsibilities as required.
• A recognised degree in engineering in the required field of expertise.
• Registered member of a recognised professional institution.
• Minimum 20 years of formal engineering training in a large or complex building.
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience in large international airport projects.
• Minimum of 5 years working in/for the company.
• Knowledge of building construction, materials, systems and trade practices.
• Excellent computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
• Excellent oral and written skills.
Rewards and recognition:
With Mace, you will deepen your knowledge and skills, work with inspiring colleagues, influential clients and get to see the world.
• Full tax-free salary package that includes basic salary.
• Full private medical cover.
• Other benefits as per the Qatar Labour Law.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.