Job description / Role
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: Under the general supervision of a higher-level technical employee, this position is responsible for making recommendations concerning the planning, installation, and maintenance of local and/or wide area (LAN/WAN) & CCTV networks and their operating systems and coordinating activities of subcontractors and other Regional Information Center personnel.
• Works closely with Project Managers to create and coordinate scheduling, acquire necessary network project information such as hardware installation timetable, and establishes a schedule for Associate Network Specialists and Network Specialists to ensure timely completion of projects
• Communicates and coordinates with subcontractors and interfaces with appropriate personnel within the Regional Information Center;
• Supervises and assesses progress of daily network technical support assignments;
• Performs personnel management responsibilities for team members or other departmental staff
• Provides phone support for Network Specialists and Associate Network Specialists in the field;
• Provides advanced troubleshooting and support of local and or wide area (LAN/WAN) connectivity CCTV network ;
• Provides direct customer support to troubleshoot complex network server, network operating systems, problems through field visits or by telephone;
• Responsible for high level planning and providing technical recommendations to user districts;
• Attends workshops and seminars to maintain up-to-date knowledge of LAN technologies and network operating systems;
• Performs related office work, such as submitting reports regarding status of projects and reviewing network proposals for accuracy;
• May build network servers and perform network disaster recovery;
• May also configure, install, and maintain wide area networks (WANS), or assist other staff in these activities as needed.
Minimum Acceptable Training And Experience:
• Possession of relevant Degree five (5) years of experience installing, operating, and maintaining local area networks (LAN) and/or wide area networks (WAN).
• Skills & Certifications Current MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) may be substituted for six (6) months of the required experience.
• Current CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) Routing and Switching or CCNA Wireless certification may be substituted for six (6) months of the required experience.
• Current CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) Routing and Switching or CCNP Wireless certification may be substituted for eighteen (18) months of the required experience.
• Current CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) Routing and Switching (desirable*)
• Gulf Experience – preferred
About the Company
Since 2010, our team has successfully placed some of the world’s finest graduate to mid and C-level talent in organisations across EMEA and APAC, and it all comes down to our niche approach and understanding of the market place, skill sets and trends.
From our offices in Dubai, Riyadh, London and Singapore, we run a sector specific operation. Meaning we specialise in your industry and are able to completely understand your vision, provide market insights and intelligence, and deliver the best talent to fit seamlessly into your operations.
IT Support Engineer - L1, L2 L3
Power Systems & Information Technology (PSTech)
IT Manager (Financial Institution)
Stratus Recruitment International